California Lutheran High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- At California Lutheran High School, we proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ for eternal salvation and teach the unchanging will of God, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, for guidance in living.
- We build lives on the Christian values of love, respect, faithfulness, and service to others through quality education in academics, athletics, and the arts.
- In order to fulfill this mission, California Lutheran High School has established the following objectives: to proclaim, teach, and apply faithfully the Word of God in all classes and activities; to promote spiritual growth among all members of our campus family; to deal with each student as a redeemed child of God, offering counseling, encouragement, and loving Christian discipline; to provide opportunities for students to develop a trust in Christ, which focuses on the Scriptures as the true guide for Christian living; to set before the WELS/ELS students the viable and noble goal of the full-time ministry; to instill in students the desire to become active witnesses for Christ in the home, the church, and the world; to educate our students for faithful and capable citizenship; and to enable students to develop varied interests by providing opportunities for Christian service, athletic competition, and the arts.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 597.1 K-12
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 392.4 4-8
- Chowchilla Grades: 2-8 | 22 students
22310 Road 13
Chowchilla, CA 93610
(559)665-1853 292.6 2-8
- El Monte Grades: K-2 | 127 students
3400 Aero Jet Ave
El Monte, CA 91731
(626)569-2641 52.5 K-2
Our family lived in San Diego, CA. Both of our sons attended CLHS for all four years of high school. They lived on campus in the dorms and had a great experience. CLHS has been a blessing to our family. At CLHS both of our sons obtained a high quality education, while having the opportunity to participate in athletics, and fine arts. The staff and teachers at CLHS truly care about each student, their educational success and spiritual growth. The teachers are well trained in the subject matter they teach, and they bring a wealth of knowledge to the classroom. If you are looking for a quality Christian high school for your child(ren), CLHS is top notch. CLHS is WASC accredited. Both of our sons were accepted to great colleges and universities upon graduation (Pepperdine University, Point Loma Nazarene, San Diego State University, San Diego Christian College, Wisconsin Lutheran College, and Martin Luther College). I highly recommend CLHS to everyone.
- Posted by Parent - D. Schriefer
I am Mother of Benoit & Estele . I am very happy that my kids study during 4 years at this school and also I introduced to my around people about this school that best one for kids . .. hopefully that grow up in this year even my kids will not be there anymore . ..I appreciated for all of teachers .
- Posted by Parent - bella
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.