Canyon View School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Canyon View School is a non-profit school located at the McKinley Children's Center's campus in San Dimas, CA. Canyon View School provides services to students with: Learning Disabilities, Behavior Disorders, Emotional Disturbance, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Delays.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||139 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||John Mann, Principal|
- Canyon View School is located at McKinley Children`s Center in San Dimas, California; Canyon View School provides services to special education students with:Learning DisabilitiesBehavior DisordersAttention DisordersEmotional DisturbanceAutism Spectrum DisordersDevelopmental Delays. One of very few non-public schools with the prestigious distinction of WASC accreditation, CVS provides a highly structured and specialized program that addresses the strengths and needs of each individual student.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Pasadena Grades: PK-12 | 163 students
1955 Fremont Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(323)257-3006 18.8 PK-12
- Altadena Grades: 1-10 | 87 students
760 Mountain View Street
Altadena, CA 91001
(626)798-6793x2315 20.7 1-10
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 117 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 16.5 1-12
This school helped my son so much! I couldn't have asked for better teachers, counselors and staff. I was at the end of my rope not knowing where to take him. The local elementary school did not want him because of his behaviors. He just needed someone to take the time to work with him and help him grow. Those behaviors are long gone and he is an amazing man now.
- Posted by Parent - shawn
My son has been at CVS for 3 years. The progress he has made academically, socially and behaviorally is amazing. We have every confidence in the administration of its values and purpose and the wonderful work happening with the students.
- Posted by Parent - denni
My child is in his first week of attending CVS. He tells me positive things about the school so far and all of the inter-action I have had with the staff has been great! I have a good feeling about this school. More to come...
- Posted by Parent - chefr
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.