Canyon View School is a non-profit school located at the McKinley Children's Center's campus in San Dimas, CA.
Canyon View School provides services to students with: Learning Disabilities, Behavior Disorders, Emotional Disturbance, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Delays.
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 139 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
John Mann, Principal
- Canyon View School is located at McKinley Children`s Center in San Dimas, California; Canyon View School provides services to special education students with:Learning DisabilitiesBehavior DisordersAttention DisordersEmotional DisturbanceAutism Spectrum DisordersDevelopmental Delays. One of very few non-public schools with the prestigious distinction of WASC accreditation, CVS provides a highly structured and specialized program that addresses the strengths and needs of each individual student.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Canyon View School?
The application deadline for Canyon View School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Canyon View has a wonderful staff. My daughter loves going to school, she comes home and talks about her teachers. On weekends she tells me how much she misses her teachers. I`m very grateful for all the teachers and principal at Canyon view.
This school helped my son so much! I couldn't have asked for better teachers, counselors and staff. I was at the end of my rope not knowing where to take him. The local elementary school did not want him because of his behaviors. He just needed someone to take the time to work with him and help him grow. Those behaviors are long gone and he is an amazing man now.
My son has been at CVS for 3 years. The progress he has made academically, socially and behaviorally is amazing. We have every confidence in the administration of its values and purpose and the wonderful work happening with the students.
My child is in his first week of attending CVS. He tells me positive things about the school so far and all of the inter-action I have had with the staff has been great! I have a good feeling about this school. More to come...
Endorse Canyon View School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.