Canyon View School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (909) 599-1227
- Canyon View School is a non-profit school located at the McKinley Children's Center's campus in San Dimas, CA. Canyon View School provides services to students with: Learning Disabilities, Behavior Disorders, Emotional Disturbance, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Delays.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||139 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||John Mann, Principal|
- Canyon View School is located at McKinley Children`s Center in San Dimas, California; Canyon View School provides services to special education students with:Learning DisabilitiesBehavior DisordersAttention DisordersEmotional DisturbanceAutism Spectrum DisordersDevelopmental Delays. One of very few non-public schools with the prestigious distinction of WASC accreditation, CVS provides a highly structured and specialized program that addresses the strengths and needs of each individual student.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Altadena Grades: 3-10 | 51 students
760 Mountain View Street
Altadena, CA 91001
(626) 798-6793 20.7 3-10
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 181 students
6957 N Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90042
(323) 443-3100 21 7-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-12 | 354 students
4160 Grand View Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(818) 751-1101 35.2 PK-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 6-12 | 87 students
11801 Mississippi Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 751-1100 36.2 6-12
This school helped my son so much! I couldn't have asked for better teachers, counselors and staff. I was at the end of my rope not knowing where to take him. The local elementary school did not want him because of his behaviors. He just needed someone to take the time to work with him and help him grow. Those behaviors are long gone and he is an amazing man now.
- Posted by Parent - shawn
My son has been at CVS for 3 years. The progress he has made academically, socially and behaviorally is amazing. We have every confidence in the administration of its values and purpose and the wonderful work happening with the students.
- Posted by Parent - denni
My child is in his first week of attending CVS. He tells me positive things about the school so far and all of the inter-action I have had with the staff has been great! I have a good feeling about this school. More to come...
- Posted by Parent - chefr
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.