Joan Macy School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (909) 596-3173
- The Joan Macy School is a specialized non-public school serving the girls in the Residential Treatment Program.
- Joan Macy operates with class sizes of twelve or less, taught by fully credentialed specialized instruction teachers.
- There is a teacher's aide in each classroom and the curriculum includes vocational and life skills development and specialized programs to help students overcome their learning disabilities.
- There is full coordination of therapeutic and educational services between the counseling staff at David & Margaret and the teachers at the Joan Macy School.
- In addition to a full regiment of core academic classes, the Joan Macy School offers residents an array of specialized courses and program options.
- These include consumer life skills, computer lab, woodworking, teacher assistant training, Spanish, art and photography, sewing and quilting, work experience/ROP, teacher assistant training.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomington Grades: K-12 | 39 students
18027 San Bernardino Ave.
Bloomington, CA 92316
(909) 877-6288 20 K-12
- Glendora Grades: 9-12 | 542 students
655 W Sierra Madre Ave
Glendora, CA 91741
(626) 335-3322 6 9-12
Hey, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to JOAN MACY SCHOOL because you guys helped me a lot even though I struggled you guys still stood by my side. I really do appreciate that. You guys have always helped me on my work and sometimes even worked with me 1:1. Thanks.... -Ruthy Ann Harris
- Posted by Student/Alumni - harri
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.