Joan Macy School
- The Joan Macy School is a specialized non-public school serving the girls in the Residential Treatment Program.
- Joan Macy operates with class sizes of twelve or less, taught by fully credentialed specialized instruction teachers.
- There is a teacher's aide in each classroom and the curriculum includes vocational and life skills development and specialized programs to help students overcome their learning disabilities.
- There is full coordination of therapeutic and educational services between the counseling staff at David & Margaret and the teachers at the Joan Macy School.
- In addition to a full regiment of core academic classes, the Joan Macy School offers residents an array of specialized courses and program options.
- These include consumer life skills, computer lab, woodworking, teacher assistant training, Spanish, art and photography, sewing and quilting, work experience/ROP, teacher assistant training.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Hey, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to JOAN MACY SCHOOL because you guys helped me a lot even though I struggled you guys still stood by my side. I really do appreciate that. You guys have always helped me on my work and sometimes even worked with me 1:1. Thanks.... -Ruthy Ann Harris
- Posted by Student/Alumni - harri
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.