Canyonville Academy Photo #2 - A very detailed map of the 14 acre campus of Canyonville Christian Academy founded in 1924.
Canyonville Academy Photo #3 - Students gather to talk and study together on the front lawn of Canyonville Christian Academy.
Canyonville Academy Photo #4 - One on one basketball in the Shaffer Gymnasium at Canyonville Christian Academy.
- Canyonville Christian Academy was founded in 1924 and has been the choice of school for thousands of students from all over the world. Because enrollment is kept to below 150 students, CCA feels like a home away from home where students and faculty interact in a daily basis. With a 12:1 student teacher ratio, several AP classes and lots of fun activities on our 14 acre campus, CCA is a place where you can reach your potential.
- In 2014 and 2015, CCA won the national competition 2 times in a row for the SIFMA Capitol Hill Challenge "The Stock Market Game" amongst high schools across America.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Physcis, AP US History, College Algebra & Trig, Honors Intro to Engineering|
|Average SAT score||1090|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat, Clean & Modest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||Domestic fee is less. Includes most activities, textbook & sports and medical insurance for international students.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ed Lovato|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Yearbook|
- Canyonville Christian Academy is committed to excellence in the education of young men and women. It is a home that welcomes, a school that prepares for life, a place where Christian values shape character, and a family where lasting friendships are formed. Through academic and non-academic programs, we purpose to inspire each student to deepen their walk with God; promote the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to fully participate in human affairs while encouraging the desire to work toward affecting change and solving problems. To also transmit a knowledge and appreciation of the highest values, ideas and ideals of our Judeo-Christian heritage, upon which Western Civilization is founded; cultivate critical thinking and problem-solving skills while encouraging creativity and vision in all aspects of life; and encourage an appreciation for God's creation and promote a balanced stewardship of the resources entrusted to man.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sedona Grades: 9-12 | 99 students
3511 Verde Valley School Road
Sedona, AZ 86351
(928)284-2272 829.7 9-12
- Mayer Grades: 8-12 | 142 students
1000 Orme School Rd
Mayer, AZ 86333
(928)632-7601 839.4 8-12
- Cheshire Grades: 9-12 | 344 students
10 Main St
Cheshire, CT 06410
(203)439-7250 2536.2 9-12
- Lakeville Grades: 9-12 | 600 students
11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860)435-3102 2499.9 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.