Verde Valley School
Verde Valley School Photo #2 - Write, score and perform an original musical. Create your own violin in welding class and play it with the VVS rock or jazz band! Our approach to the arts is student-centered, performance-based and quite unique.
Verde Valley School Photo #3 - Students travel to Malawi, Africa for a month during the summer to distribute over 3,000 pairs of eyeglasses, play with HIV/AID positive children and build schools in villages.
- Verde Valley School is one of only a few International Baccalaureate Boarding Schools in the U.S. VVS educates students for college and for life by encouraging them to become intellectually curious, academically accomplished and creatively expressive.
- Our academic and residential programs foster intercultural understanding and world citizenship, environmental stewardship, the value of physical labor, and service to humanity with a willing spirit.
- VVS is accredited by the International Baccalaureate World School Organization and the North Central Accreditation Association.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||All courses are pre-IB or IB (11th & 12th grades)|
|Average SAT score||1141|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,150|
|Tuition Notes||Day admission tuition is $17150Five Day Boarding Tuition is $37150|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sean Fagan|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Hollingsworth|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Coffee House Poetry Club, Model UN, Organic Gardening, UN Millennium Development Goals Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
- Verde Valley School educates students for college and for life by encouraging them to become intellectually curious, academically accomplished and creatively expressive. The program fosters intercultural understanding and world citizenship, environmental stewardship, the value of physical labor, and service to humanity with a willing spirit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakeville Grades: 9-12 | 600 students
11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860)435-3102 2116.9 9-12
- Wallingford Grades: 9-12 | 846 students
333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
(203)697-2239 2149.4 9-12
- Canyonville Grades: 9-12 | 130 students
250 E 1st St
Canyonville, OR 97417
(541)839-4401 829.7 9-12
- Mayer Grades: 8-12 | 142 students
1000 Orme School Rd
Mayer, AZ 86333
(928)632-7601 37.2 8-12
- Rimrock Grades: 9-12 | 28 students
8800 East Ranch Campus Road
Rimrock, AZ 86335
(626)799-5010 11.5 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.