The Orme School
- Top Ranked AZ School
- Grades: 8-12
- Yearly Tuition: $51,500
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The Orme School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
- A legacy of Excellence, Tradition and Character Since 1929
- The Orme School has been steeped in tradition and success. From our rigorous academic program, boasting AP course offerings in all subjects, to 47 years of our amazing Fine Arts Festival, it is no wonder that The Orme School has been named one of the top 20 boarding schools in the United States http://www.thebestschools.org/features/best-boarding-schools-in-us/.
- Orme life is rooted in Sustainability. The campus is home to a large garden, a 200 tree fruit orchard, a table grape vineyard, and composting operations. Students take an active role in the cultivation of their food, as well as the preparation. All food served at Orme is grown on-site or locally sourced and prepared using all natural, preservative-free ingredients
- The center of Orme`s marque academic program is the small, intimate class size. Typical classes do not exceed 10 students, giving each student ample learning opportunities in an interactive, non-intimidating environment. Class buildings are spread among Orme`s 300 acre campus and include Math, Science, and Humanities buildings along with a Metal Working workshop, Glass Blowing workshop, Music classrooms and an Art Annex. Every day, Orme students also experience the expansion of their classrooms into the outdoors, whether it be Biology class studying the effects of the drought in Ash Creek or English Literature conducting a poetry reading among the shade of the fruit trees.
- Learning does not stop at the end of the academic day for Orme students. After school, students are offered a variety of activities, from riding one of the 40 horses, to trying a new sport on one of our all-inclusive sports teams. For students interested in learning more diverse skills, they can take part in preparing meals in our dining facility or experience the thrill of acting on stage in our theatre club. Orme athletic facilities include: a state of the art equestrian facility with a full, lighted rodeo arena, an English arena, numerous paddocks, and warm-up pens, a lighted football and soccer field, professional-grade baseball and softball fields, a competition length swimming pool, tennis courts, and an enclosed gymnasium.
- Life at Orme offers unique opportunities for students to bond with one another. Each room features 1-2 beds with a shared bathroom between two rooms. The expansive campus allows for dormitories to be separated by sex, allowing privacy and creating a safe environment for all students. Weekends are filled with amazing opportunities to explore Arizona through our Culture Credit and Outdoor Learning trips. On any given weekend, you can find students engaging in activities such as volunteering, skiing, attend a gallery opening, or camping. The temperate climate at Orme allows for a variety of year-round offerings.
- Orme is a school where students thrive and diversify while being carefully coached along the way. Do you see yourself at Orme Admissions are accepted on a rolling basis. Learn more at our website, www.ormeschool.org
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Orme School cost?
The Orme School's tuition is approximately $51,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Orme School?
The acceptance rate of The Orme School is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 89%. The Orme School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Arizona with low acceptance rates.
What sports does The Orme School offer?
The Orme School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Weightlifting. The Orme School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for most sports offered.
What is The Orme School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Orme School?
The application deadline for The Orme School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Orme School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards