Carol M Utay Carol
- Total Learning Academy is a program for students that need a more intensive remedial approach.
- Classes are typically 4-7 students and students receive individualized attention.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based, ADHD, ALL Learning Differences, Students with Anxiety or Depression|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition may be paid by student's home school district or private parent pay. Some scholarships are available.|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Carol Utay|
- Step into Total Learning Centers and you will see an active, open learning environment that is welcoming and family friendly. We believe that each child has unique gifts and talents; therefore Total Learning Centers develops a personalized instructional program based on a student`s initial and ongoing evaluation results. Our instructional programs are cutting-edge, research-proven, learning strategies that enhance the student`s ability to perform in their school, home and community environments.
- Founded in 1999, by Drs. Joe and Carol Utay, TLC "Prepares Students Today for Success Tomorrow" through direct, intensive, research-based methods to ensure significant gains in reading, writing, math, attention, processing, working memory and more. Working with clients from age 5 through College in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area, we offer an array of services to help children reach their educational potential through school support, expert tutoring or remediation.
- Our experienced and distinguished staff and educators live and breathe by our on-going mission: To help caring parents minimize their child`s frustration and maximize their potential by removing obstacles to learning. We work with the students in a positive, caring environment to provide instruction targeted to their specific needs. At TLC we believe every student can travel as far as their passion takes them.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burgettstown Grades: PK-11 | 95 students
750 Steubenville Pike
Burgettstown, PA 15021
(724)947-8722 23.7 PK-11
- Homestead Grades: 8-12 | 28 students
120 E 9th Ave
Homestead, PA 15120
(412)326-0023 17.5 8-12
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610)296-6700 245 PK-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: 2-12 | 71 students
5180 Campbells Run Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
(412)788-8219 12.7 2-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.