Carol M Utay Carol
Tel: (724) 940-1090
Total Learning Academy is a program for students that need a more intensive remedial approach.
Classes are typically 4-7 students and students receive individualized attention.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based, ADHD, ALL Learning Differences, Students with Anxiety or Depression|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition may be paid by student's home school district or private parent pay. Some scholarships are available.|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Carol Utay|
- Step into Total Learning Centers and you will see an active, open learning environment that is welcoming and family friendly. We believe that each child has unique gifts and talents; therefore Total Learning Centers develops a personalized instructional program based on a student`s initial and ongoing evaluation results. Our instructional programs are cutting-edge, research-proven, learning strategies that enhance the student`s ability to perform in their school, home and community environments.
- Founded in 1999, by Drs. Joe and Carol Utay, TLC "Prepares Students Today for Success Tomorrow" through direct, intensive, research-based methods to ensure significant gains in reading, writing, math, attention, processing, working memory and more. Working with clients from age 5 through College in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area, we offer an array of services to help children reach their educational potential through school support, expert tutoring or remediation.
- Our experienced and distinguished staff and educators live and breathe by our on-going mission: To help caring parents minimize their child`s frustration and maximize their potential by removing obstacles to learning. We work with the students in a positive, caring environment to provide instruction targeted to their specific needs. At TLC we believe every student can travel as far as their passion takes them.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Homestead Grades: 8-12 | 28 students
120 E 9th Ave
Homestead, PA 15120
(412) 326-0023 17.5 8-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: 2-12 | 71 students
5180 Campbells Run Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
(412) 788-8219 12.7 2-12
- Burgettstown Grades: PK-11 | 95 students
750 Steubenville Pike
Burgettstown, PA 15021
(724) 947-8722 23.7 PK-11
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 245 PK-12
- Pittsburgh Grades: 3-12 | 84 students
4900 Girard Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15227
(412) 881-2268 18.9 3-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.