- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school.
- Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Learning Differences, Motivation|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies, with need-based and McKay Scholarships available|
|Admissions Director||Andrew Guido, M.Ed.|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag FootballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: K-12 | 66 students
1301 West Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33612
(813)963-0901 9.5 K-12
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 1033 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
(813)920-2288 6.2 NS-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.