Center Academy Smyrna
5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, as well as, providing students the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school. Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
- Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Learning Differences, Motivation|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies, with need-based and Georgia Special Needs Scholarships available|
|Admissions Director||Chantell Francis|
|Admissions Associate||Andrew Hicks|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Powder Springs Grades: NS-12 | 308 students
4665 Macland Road
Powder Springs, GA 30127
(678)831-1062 8.6 NS-12
- Atlanta Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
650A Mt. Vernon Hwy., NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
(404)835-9000 10.1 4-12
- Atlanta Grades: K-12 | 16 students
4484 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30319
(404)382-8200 11 K-12
this school is a great alternative choice of school for kids who dont focus well in a large public school. The kids get lots of personal attention and individualized learning is guaranteed here. it is like home schooling with someone else doing it for you.
- Posted by Parent - crawf
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.