Chapel Hill Academy
Tel: (952) 949-9014
Founded in 1970, Chapel Hill Academy is a Biblically-based, non-denominational Christian PK-8 school dedicated to serving Christian families from over 35 churches in the southwestern suburbs of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area.
We hold dual accreditation with the Association of Christian Schools International and AdvancED. Our Godly, licensed teachers and trained administrative staff partner with parents and the local church to train young people in the highest principles of Christian leadership, self-discipline, individual responsibility, personal integrity, and good citizenship.
In addition to an excellent, Bible-based academic program, Chapel Hill Academy offers STEM, exciting athletic programs, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, full art and music programs, a fully networked computer lab, SmartBoard technology in all classrooms plus Library and Music, full-time Special Ed teacher and Spanish instruction in grades 1-8.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms with logo plus Khaki, Navy or Gray pants/shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level from $5,100-$8,900 (PreK is less and available for 3, 4, or 5 half or full days); 100% of families demonstrating need received it for the last three school years. Contact our Admissions Director for specific information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Brian Wright|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Grand Masters of Chess Club (Seasonal), Junior High Worship Team, Legos Club (Seasonal), Musical Instrument Lessons, Summer Camp|
- 41-year history
- Dual accreditation with Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED.
- Focused high school prep curriculum and leadership training for 7th and 8th grade.
- Biblical worldview training integrated into curriculuma and student life.
- STEM, latest technology, including computer lab with Smart Boards in all classrooms plus Library and Music, personal responders to implement Accelerated Reader program
- Spanish as a second language is part of the core curriculum in grades 1-8.
- Accelerated Reader, a computerized reading comprehension program, is part of the curriculum.
- Full art, music, library, physical education programs implemented by specialist teachers.
- Band and private instrument lessons begin in 4th grade. Band students give three concerts per year plus one adjudicated opportunity.
- All students are involved in at least one musical each year to enhance public presentation and teamwork skills.
- Full-time registered nurse on site.
- Before-school care available at 7:00 AM and after-school care available from 3:30 to 6:00 PM.
- Full athletics program; member of South Side Youth Organization.
- Spanish starts in 1st grade; is a core subject in 7th and 8th grade; accelerated Spanish available
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chaska Grades: PK-8 | 156 students
300 E 4th St
Chaska, MN 55318
(952) 448-2526 6.2 PK-8
- Andover Grades: NS-12 | 466 students
3037 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
(763) 427-4595 26.3 NS-12
- Lakeville Grades: K-8 | 157 students
7320 175th Street West
Lakeville, MN 55044
(952) 953-4155 19.3 K-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.