Chapel Hill Academy
Chapel Hill Academy Photo #2 - Chapel Hill Academy is located at 306 West 78th Street in Chanhassen, Minnesota.
- Founded in 1970, Chapel Hill Academy is a Biblically-based, non-denominational Christian PK-8 school dedicated to serving Christian families from over 35 churches in the southwestern suburbs of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area.
- We hold dual accreditation with the Association of Christian Schools International and AdvancED. Our Godly, licensed teachers and trained administrative staff partner with parents and the local church to train young people in the highest principles of Christian leadership, self-discipline, individual responsibility, personal integrity, and good citizenship.
- In addition to an excellent, Bible-based academic program, Chapel Hill Academy offers STEM, exciting athletic programs, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, full art and music programs, a fully networked computer lab, SmartBoard technology in all classrooms plus Library and Music, full-time Special Ed teacher and Spanish instruction in grades 1-8.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||320 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms with logo plus Khaki, Navy or Gray pants/shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level from $5,100-$8,900 (PreK is less and available for 3, 4, or 5 half or full days); 100% of families demonstrating need received it for the last three school years. Contact our Admissions Director for specific information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Brian Wright|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Grand Masters of Chess Club (Seasonal), Junior High Worship Team, Legos Club (Seasonal), Musical Instrument Lessons, Summer Camp|
- 41-year history
- Dual accreditation with Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED.
- Focused high school prep curriculum and leadership training for 7th and 8th grade.
- Biblical worldview training integrated into curriculuma and student life.
- STEM, latest technology, including computer lab with Smart Boards in all classrooms plus Library and Music, personal responders to implement Accelerated Reader program
- Spanish as a second language is part of the core curriculum in grades 1-8.
- Accelerated Reader, a computerized reading comprehension program, is part of the curriculum.
- Full art, music, library, physical education programs implemented by specialist teachers.
- Band and private instrument lessons begin in 4th grade. Band students give three concerts per year plus one adjudicated opportunity.
- All students are involved in at least one musical each year to enhance public presentation and teamwork skills.
- Full-time registered nurse on site.
- Before-school care available at 7:00 AM and after-school care available from 3:30 to 6:00 PM.
- Full athletics program; member of South Side Youth Organization.
- Spanish starts in 1st grade; is a core subject in 7th and 8th grade; accelerated Spanish available
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chaska Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
300 E 4th St
Chaska, MN 55318
(952)448-2526 6.2 PK-8
- Minneapolis Grades: 1-12 | 260 students
3200 Highway 100 S
Minneapolis, MN 55416
(952)920-6377 10.6 1-12
- Waconia Grades: K-8 | 345 students
601 E 2nd St
Waconia, MN 55387
(952)442-4165 12.2 K-8
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.