Children's Educational Services d.b.a. The Broach School and Crossroads Christian School
- Children`s Educational Services is a non-profit educational company that owns and operates two models of small, K-12 private schools for students with special needs and low income families.
- The Broach School is a character-based school committed to providing a safe, nurturing learning environment where children are motivated to succeed.
- Crossroads Christian School`s mission is to uncover and develop the unique, God-given talents and abilities within each child.
- There are currently 4 Broach Schools and 3 Crossroads Christian Schools throughout the state of Florida.
- All CES schools are approved for Florida state scholarships, such as the McKay Scholarship designed for students with learning disabilities and the Step Up for Students Scholarship designed for low income families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other school association(s)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SLD, ADD, ADHD, Autism|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki Pants/Solid Color Shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||* Each Tuition Plan is individualized based on McKay or Step Up For Student Scholarship eligibility and/or Private Pay.* Extended payment plans are available.* Tuition Scholarships are available for families through the Florida Department of Educa|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rich Wead|
|Admissions Associate||Alvaro Blanco|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Computer Labs, Field Trips|
- In existence since 2009, CES has a strong presence in several markets within Florida. The Broach School has a favorable reputation in Tampa, St Petersburg, Bradenton, and Zephyrhills. Crossroads Christian Schools have developed greater momentum in Lakeland and in the North Florida regions of Arlington and Fleming Island within the city of Jacksonville. The CES schools began to quickly carve out their niche within the K-12 private school space by providing an alternative approach to the traditional classroom. By maintaining smaller classrooms, employing qualified teachers skilled in assessing the student`s grade level, differentiating the instruction necessary for each individual student, and offering a variety of teaching methods and curriculum within the context of an encouraging, nurturing environment, students have found great success in the CES academic program. The majority of students who enter a Broach or Crossroads Christian School are able to catch up to a desired grade level and stay on course for graduation.
- CES will strategically continue to realize its vision of becoming the leader of private school special education in Florida by operating on a foundation of the highest academic standards which encourage respect, honor, integrity, and responsibility for students, parents, and partners. The schools will differentiate themselves in the market by reaching every child regardless of their learning styles or needs, designing programs around the students rather than the traditional method of fitting students within predesigned programs. The schools will strive to develop each student to their fullest academic potential, ensure every child is a better reader, and will continue to pursue excellence in all areas as The Broach Schools and Crossroads Christian Schools raise the standard of excellence in special education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 105 students
11915 Beach Blvd, Ste 101
Jacksonville, FL 32246
(904)637-0300 13 K-12
- Orange Park Grades: K-12 | 85 students
16 College Drive
Orange Park, FL 32065
(904)276-3339 8.4 K-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-7 | 57 students
3990 Loretto Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904)268-2422 1.9 K-7
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 607 students
7587 Blanding Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32244
(904)777-3040 7.6 PK-12
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-5 | 89 students
3718 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904)733-5797 8.2 NS-5
Nearby Homes for Sale
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.