Cornerstone Preparatory Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy Photo #2 - Beautiful state of the art campus located in Acworth, GA.
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy Photo #3 - Low student-teacher ratios. 14:1 in kindergarten | 16:1 in elementary | 18:1 in secondary
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy Photo #4 - 1:1 computing in Grades 5-12, G Suite for Education School
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy Photo #5 - Students learn best with hands-on curriculum that encourages them to ask and think.
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy Photo #6 - We have athletic facilities on site: Gym and athletic field, with plans to add more.
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy Photo #7 - Strong athletic program in both our elementary and secondary areas. Cornerstone is a proud member of GAPPS.
Cornerstone Preparatory Academy Photo #8 - Chapels: Held twice a month for elementary students and weekly for secondary students
- Cornerstone Prep is an innovative Christian K-12 University-Model school where parents and teachers partner together to provide students with an academically challenging, college-preparatory, biblically-based education.
- Our unique model combines the best of traditional private and public, all in a nurturing, family friendly environment. Cornerstone is fully accredited by AdvancED, certified by NAUMS, and offers a full range of sports, clubs, and activities for students.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||489 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Computer Science, AP Literature, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1150|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Lands End Uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 30 / Jun. 20|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,120|
|Tuition Notes||$4760 a year for elementary and $6120 a year for secondary, dependent on the number of classes since Cornerstone Prep is a university-model school.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Freiler|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Animal Ambassadors, Battle of the Books, Beta Club, Bible Studies, Bright, Debate Club, First Wednesdays, House Council, Lead4Change, Leadership Academy, Spanish Club, Sports Ministry Team, STEM, Students for Life
Arts and Music Programs:
Worship Ministry Team
- Cornerstone Prep is an innovative Christian K-12 University-Model school to over 480 students that educates children differently, builds strong community, and partners with parents. Students receive an an academically challenging, college-preparatory, biblically-based education in a nurturing, family friendly environment.
- You`ll love our new $7.8 million, state-of-art, 17-acre campus in Acworth. Our new educational building and gym, along with our growing athletic facilities, allow our students to participate fully in student life.
- Our hybrid education model combines the best of traditional and private education to offer families a highly affordable and successful education experience. Cornerstone is fully accredited by AdvancED and NAUMS and offers a full range of sports, clubs, and activities for students.
- Attend one of our monthly Information Meetings to Discover the Cornerstone Difference for yourself!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Powder Springs Grades: NS-12 | 308 students
4665 Macland Road
Powder Springs, GA 30127
(678)831-1062 11.2 NS-12
- Kennesaw Grades: NS-5 | 182 students
2958 N. Main Street
Kennesaw, GA 30144
(770)422-3254 3.3 NS-5
Cornerstone is a wonderful environment! The academics are very strong, and the school is still able to offer many extracurricular activities for the students as well. Most importantly, the staff is invested in the spiritual growth of the students at Cornerstone!!
- Posted by Parent - Melva Lebhaft
Cornerstone Prep is one of the best things in my family's life. We love it and truly thank God for being apart of such an amazing place. The education is above top notch. The teachers really care about the students and helps each one to succeed. The administration is always looking for ways to improve and makes sure the school stays on the cutting edge. My 4 children who are students at Cornerstone are growing spiritually and in their academics. I feel Cornerstone is very forward thinking and I would rather be no where else. Great education at a great price.
- Posted by Parent - Trina Alleyne
Wonderful school. Fully prepares students for college. Caring faculty and administration who genuinely and personally know each student. Excellent Biblical foundation while preparing students for a secular world.
- Posted by Parent - ...
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
The oldest schools are concentrated in the east in what were the original thirteen colonies. Most of the founders of these early schools were principled men and women with lofty ideals and purposes.
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.