Crestwell School (Crestwell Higher Learning)
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (239) 481-4478
- Crestwell School is a unique Fort Myers private school founded by parent-educators, located at 1901 Park.
- Crestwell believes each student has to be recognized as an important individual whose self-esteem, attitude, and academic curiosity must be handled with a positive approach.
- Every Crestwell teacher is degreed, and is prepared to re-enforce academic basics while challenging the academically talented.
- Crestwell does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of it's educational policies, admission policies, athletic or other school-administered programs.
- Connecting students to success is a motto that Crestwell stands behind and focuses on for all levels of students.
- Our three and four year olds are in a stress-free learning environment guided by a qualified teacher.
- At Crestwell, your child will be known, loved, and challenged.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
National Independent Private Schools Association
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Crestwell Polo all colors, solid bottoms/skirts/shorts/jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is lower for Junior and Intermediate Kindergarten, pay in advance rates discount tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Evan Hawes|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Fencing, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Math Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Guitar Club
- Crestwell is an accredited private school with professional staff and degreed teachers. Our programs provide academic curriculum for children from three years old through eighth grade. Hands on classes include: art, music, computer lab, character education, Spanish, library, reading/language arts, math, social studies, steam, exploration and discovery, along with organic outdoor gardening and science. At Crestwell, your child will be known, loved, and challenged. Crestwell School is a Florida not for profit 501(c)3 organization founded by parent-educators, and is located at 1901 Park Meadows Drive in Fort Myers.
- Crestwell believes each student must be recognized as an important individual whose self-esteem, attitude, and academic curiosity must be handled with a positive approach. Every Crestwell teacher is degreed and is prepared to re-enforce academic basics while challenging the academically talented. Crestwell does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of it's educational policies, admission policies, athletic or other school-administered programs At Crestwell, we connect students to success by providing individualized instruction at every level. From our three year olds up to our eighth graders, your child will become part of our extended family community! Experience the difference a Crestwell education can make for your family.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Myers Grades: 8-12 | 22 students
1950 Clayton Ct
Fort Myers, FL 33907
(239) 274-9600 1.3 8-12
- Fort Myers Grades: PK-8 | 162 students
1550 Colonial Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33907
(239) 939-4642 2.1 PK-8
This is our first year at Crestwell, and we couldn't be happier. The school is culturally inclusive and academically challenging. Our 2nd grade teacher Ms. Navarro goes above and beyond for all her students, the class is always participating in exciting hands-on activities. Crestwell has a Spanish class and club, which was important in our decision to send our son to Crestwell. The school creates a well-rounded student by incorporating clubs for stem, chess, music, Spanish, art, sports, robotics, etc.
- Posted by Parent - Meg
The students reached out to our children immediately. The parents, teachers and director were very thoughtful. Actually the math was more advanced than our last school, We received help and the girls adjusted. Wish we could move the school closer to our home.
- Posted by Parent - A.M.
Glad we found Crestwell. Our move was difficult and the school community was very friendly. My son and daughter were accepted and respected. We are impressed with their activities such as Fencing, Chess, STEM team, Math team, Music, Play,Soccer teams, Basket ball and even in the last week of school the whole school was part of learning fun which included Physics.
- Posted by Parent - Mary
Wonderful school, we stayed in Florida so our youngest could graduate this year!! Both of our children have attended since kindergarten. Motivating and caring teachers. Dedicated and dynamic teaching Principal that leads by example! The principal really listens and is respected by the students. Middle school is a difficult age, I am glad I had Crestwell 's guiding my child during those difficult growing years. It is a rough world out there and socially sophisticated at a younger age in the larger schools. Crestwell is a very safe environment!! Our oldest Crestwell graduate is now a junior at the Fort Myers IB, doing well and making good choices.
- Posted by Parent - macom
Excellent learning environment...our family could not be any happier at this school. Administration and teachers are top notch. Emphasis on educating the whole child - very academic but balanced well with positive self-esteem enforcement for the children. In addition, children are taught responsibility in making their own choices. We have found the other families to be friendly and welcoming. It is a very safe and nurturing school where the administration is hands-on and knows what is going on with the students. Music, art, and Spanish taught from Pre-K through middle. Bargain for the money we pay to get this kind of peace of mind and a solid education for our children. Highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - cbkha
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.