Datzyk Montessori School
The Datzyk School was founded over 50 years ago by Ruth N. Datzyk, a third generation trainee of Dr. Montessori.
Still in operation today, the Datzyk Montessori School is a Lehigh Valley legacy.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-1
- Enrollment: 57 students
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Datzyk Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
The year's tuition is divided into ten monthly payments. Payments are due on the first of each month.
- The Datzyk Montessori School accepts students from the ages of 2 years through Grade 1. We offer Nursery, Pre-school, Kindergarten, and Grade 1. We are fully licensed and accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Academic Schools, and the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. Datzyk Montessori School offers classes during the regular school year from September through June, as well as a 9-week summer program during June and July. The Datzyk Montessori School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities available to students at the school and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational and admissions policies.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Datzyk Montessori School often compared to?
Datzyk Montessori Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Grace Montessori School by visitors of our site.
Does Datzyk Montessori School offer a summer program?
Yes, Datzyk Montessori School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Datzyk Montessori School?
The application deadline for Datzyk Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Our daughter attended Datzyk for Kindergarten and we were beyond impressed with the growth and learning she had while there. This school has a very strong foundation in the Montessori theories of learning and uses them to not only teach the children academics but to build good character as well. I commend the teachers and staff on navigating through very uncertain times during the pandemic to foster an environment that was both conducive to learning and fun. The passion for children is alive at this school and we are so grateful to have been a part of the Datzyk community.
This is an amazing school you won't find anywhere else. The legacy of Mrs. Datzyk is carried on by her daughter who is a wonderful, caring person. She runs the school amazingly well. We wish we could stay forever. Our daughter has absolutely flourished there. We feel so fortunate to have been a part of this school's family.
Endorse Datzyk Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.