- Desert Academy at Santa Fe is a college preparatory school dedicated to academic and personal excellence.
- We are an International Baccalaureate World School offering both the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes, for grades 6 through 12.
- We support and encourage the development of individual abilities in a community characterized by educational, ethnic, and cultural diversity.
- Students are involved, challenged, and empowered by a fully accredited college preparatory curriculum, a creative slate of electives, and a comprehensive athletic program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning specialist on staff|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||International Baccalaureate classes|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,960|
|Tuition Notes||Generous need-based financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Warren|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Armer|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Assistance Dogs of the West, NHS, NJHS, Outdoor Club, Student Government, Theater, chess club, choir, speech & debate NHS, NJHS, Outdoor Club, Theater, chess club, choir, Assistance Dogs of the West,
speech & debate,
- Desert Academy is dedicated to academic and personal excellence. We provide a quality college prepatory education in a diverse school community, which values individuality, builds character, promotes self-confidence and fosters global understanding.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Santa FeGrades: NS-12 | 179 students
26 Puesta Del Sol
Santa Fe, NM 87508
Santa FeGrades: 7-12 | 318 students
1101 Camino De Cruz Blanca
Santa Fe, NM 87505
July 16, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?