East Akron Ymca Phoenix Program
Tel: (330) 784-0408
- All YMCA programs for kids, teens, adults and families are built upon our core values.
- Today, more than 40 languages are spoken in Ys across the United States.
- But no matter which language is spoken, all communicate our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith, just as they do in each of the 120 countries around the world where people can find a Y to call their own.
- The Akron Area YMCA continues to build strong kids, strong families, strong communities with seven full-time Early Care and Education Centers, more than 30 before and after school sites, six membership branches, and the Phoenix alternative learning school in Medina and East Akron.
- YMCA mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-11|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Grades: 6-12 | 13 students
3603 Carper Ave
Akron, OH 44312
(330) 628-8482 4.8 6-12
- Akron Grades: 9-12 | 810 students
1 Holy Cross Blvd
Akron, OH 44306
(330) 773-6658 0.9 9-12
- Stow Grades: 6-12 | 852 students
4687 Wyoga Lake Rd
Stow, OH 44224
(330) 929-0575 9 6-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.