East Fork Lutheran Grade School
- A typical day at East Fork begins at 8:00 with a devotion and a prayer in the classroom followed by either a Bible history or Catechism lesson with the exception of Wednesday when we have a school-wide chapel service lead by either a teacher or local pastor.
- The rest of the day is filled up with the standard curriculum or Mathematics, Social Studies, Reading, Science, Writing, Current Events topics and English.
- Lunch begins at 11:30 and runs until 12:00 depending upon what class a student is in.
- The afternoon holds either Physical Education, Art, Music and Apache Culture on a rotating basis.
- The formal school day ends at 3:15, but most of our students find themselves involved in some extracurricular sport including Volleyball, Flag Football, Cross Country, Boys and Girls A and B team Basketball, Softball, and Track! We also run a Monday-Thursday Study Hall which is manned by one of our teachers each week.
- We also put on a dramatic performance each year and a Christmas concert.
- Students are also able to be involved in piano lessons with an end of year recital, and each class sings at a local church each semester.
- Whew! You can see that we fully schedule our days to keep your child busy and to encourage a well rounded citizen.
- A fine liberal arts education is the foundation of society.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Plain khaki, navy or tan pants and uniform shirts bought at the school office.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,000|
|Tuition Notes||There is a discount to WELS Lutheran families|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$350|
|Admissions Director||Darrell Dobberpuhl|
|Admissions Associate||Board of Education|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Softball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- 6 furnished classrooms, 6 full-time and thoroughly trained educators, 2 highly qualified pastors, 1 experienced money manager, a subsidized lunch program, high school quality gym and stage facilities, a Title I reading program with fully trained staff, an expansive library and the history of the oldest continuously operating school - more than 100 years - on the White Mountain Apache Reservation are really just the beginning of the finer points that East Fork has to offer. But step onto our campus and we know you'll notice the difference that so many people experience but can't quite name. Lean in a little closer and l'll tell you the secret - It's the Love that is simply the only way of being at our school and in our lives. All of the things that said before this pale in comparison with the biggest thing that makes East Fork different - and that is the fact that we operate from a position of thankfulness, love and joy in our Savior Jesus Christ. We can't help but share that wonder with all the people we meet and that includes you and your children. What makes East Fork unique Our central focus is the preaching of Christ and his glorious salvation in every aspect of our very existence and that includes teaching and training children.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LakesideGrades: PK-4 | 46 students
421 Woodland Dr.
Lakeside, AZ 85929
- Show LowGrades: K-8 | 89 students
3171 E Show Low Lake Rd
Show Low, AZ 85901
- Show LowGrades: PK-6 | 105 students
Po Box 789
Show Low, AZ 85902
- Show LowGrades: PK-8 | 138 students
1400 E Owens St
Show Low, AZ 85901
- Show LowGrades: 3-11 | 32 students
924 Mission Ln # 1
Show Low, AZ 85901
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.