Easton Country Day School
Tel: (508) 238-3504
The Easton Country DaySchooloriginatedpurposefullyforthePre-school child. The programwascreated toensurethatlearningbe enjoyable,interesting,and,mostimportant,challenging.Therefore, we present ourprogramwithspiritandenthusiasm. Theplanned activitiesfurtheryourchild`smental,physical, emotionalandsocialgrowth.Anexcellentpre-schoolprogram is onethatblendsjoy,laughter,companionship,constructivelearningandcreativity,whileestablishing behaviorpatterns. Theschoolstrivesto achievethislearning process byintroducingmanydelightful,creativeandeducational experiences.ObjectivesTheEaston Country DaySchoolisa place where childrenlearn inaninformal way bybeingpresentedwith activities thatstimulatetheircognitive,emotionalandphysical growth.Our goal istoprovide eachchild withanopportunityto:Meet his orheremotional, social,physicalandintellectualneeds,individually,as well as inagroupsituation.Live, work andplaywith others ina programoflearningactivities.Develop a senseofsecurity andwell being inaschoolsituation.Exercise theabilityto freelyexpress them selvesinagroupsituation.Developmotorskillsandcoordination.Experiencedifferentbooks, music,science,andartmaterials.Usematerialsfreelyandconstructively.Developgoodpersonal health,safetyandworkhabits.
Easton Country Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Shauna Harrison|
- I would like to take this opportunitytowelcomeyoutoEastonCountry Day School. My name is ShaunaHarrisonandin2007Ipurchased Easton Country Day School. I amtheowneranddirectorofthis wonderful school. The school hasarichhistorysince1967.In 50 years so many familieshaveenjoyedourschool.Manygrandparents had their children come toourschoolandnowhavetheir grandchildren come to ourschool.
- I have over 15 years of experience in thefieldofchildcare,whichspans all types of programs. I am DirectorIIandLeadTeachercertifiedin Massachusetts. I have obtainedmydegreeinearlychildhood educationfrom Bridgewater StateCollege.Ihaveattendedmany conferences andworkshops thathaveadvancedmyknowledge inchild care development. Asa director, Ifeelthatitis veryimportant that I, as well asmyteachers,continuewiththeirexperiences and knowledge of thefieldbycontinuingtocompleteworkshops and conferences throughouttheyear.It isarequirementthat each staffmembercomplete25professionaldevelopment traininghours eachyearthatinclude:UnderstandingGrowth and DevelopmentofChildren,GuidingandInteracting withChildren and Youth,PartneringwithFamiliesandCommunities,Observation, Assessment&PlanningforIndividualNeed, LearningEnvironments&ImplementingCurriculum,ProgramPlanning &Development,Health,Safety&Nutrition,Professionalism &Leadership. Ourentirestaffistrainedannually in infant andchild CPR as well asfirstaidandepipenuse.
- At Easton Country Day School, I haveawonderfulteamofteachersthat have been carefully selectedfortheirexperienceinearly childcare as well as their attitudeincaring,guidingandcreating awholesome atmosphere for the youngchildandhis orherdevelopment.The staff is interested inthepersonaldevelopmentofeach child.They offer educationalprogramsdesignedtopromotesocial,intellectual, and emotionalexperiencesthatwillhelp yourchild inreaching his/herfullpotential.
- Finally, I know leaving your child atschoolisoftendifficult,butour hope is that you may considerEastonCountryDaySchool as asecondhome for your children. Ourschooloffers awarmandnurturingenvironment for all children. Wecanensurethatyourchild's health andwell being are maintained andthatheorshewill receive a positiveandcreativelearningexperience.Weencourage you to meet the staff,andsee foryourselfthehighquality of care offered at this school.Wehope youwilljointheEaston Country Day Schoolfamily.Whatismyteachingphilosophy?Myphilosophy of educationisrootedinseveralideologies.Fundamentally, I believechildrenhaveaninternaltiming andpacing to their development thatisuniquetoeach child.Just aschildren don`t walk and talk atthesameexactage, we don`texpectour preschoolers to acquire skillsinthesametime frame.Manyfactors affect development. Eachfamilyisdifferentandprovidesdifferent types of stimulation andguidance.Itis mygoal,aschildren enter my program,toassesstheirdevelopment,consideringall areas. Ithen designmycurriculumtosuittheirindividual needs. Based on researchandexperience,Ibelieveyoungchildren learn differentlythantheirschoolagecounterparts.Young children learnthroughtheirsensesandexperiences. Hands-onexploration is bestforapreschooler.Rotememorization of factsis data gathering,andisnotknowledgechildren will retain.Actual experienceandrepetitioniskey; itmust be concrete andreal. I viewteachersandparentsasfacilitators. We provide anenriched,invitingenvironmentinwhichchildren feel safe andsupported. Thisthen allowsthemtopursuetheir areas of interest,be stimulated totrynewactivitiesandexplore new ideas withconfidence andcuriosity.Thistypeofdifferentiation isdifficult, but research andthe growthIseeoverthe school yearsupports this typeoflearningandplanning.
- "I have been told that thegreatesteffectoncognitivedevelopmentin young childrenderivesfromsocialinteraction. Inmy experience atECDS, I have seenjustthat.ECDSis a place wherechildren get theopportunitytodeveloptheirskills and it isamazing to actuallywitnessthat."
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Easton Country Day School is May Ctr School For Brain Injury And Related Dis (5.1 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Dovecrest Montessori Academy (3.5 miles away)
The nearest preschool is South Easton KinderCare (1.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Easton Grades: NS-PK | 71 students
533 Washington St
South Easton, MA 02375
(508) 238-8227 1.1 NS-PK
- South Easton Grades: K | 51 students
130 Depot St
South Easton, MA 02375
(508) 565-9900 1.8 K
- Brockton Grades: NS | 236 students
470 Torrey Street
Brockton, MA 02301
(508) 588-0100 2.1 NS
- Brockton Grades: PK-K | 14 students
421 Torrey St
Brockton, MA 02301
(508) 427-5549 2.2 PK-K
- West Bridgewater Grades: PK-K | 32 students
359 Manley St
West Bridgewater, MA 02379
(508) 588-6644 2.9 PK-K
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.