First Baptist Christian School
- We recognize that God has given parents the responsibility to train up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Therefore, as a specific ministry of First Baptist Church of Weymouth, First Baptist Christian School was established in 1985 to be an extension of the Christian home to help facilitate parents in carrying out their God-given responsibility.
- FBCS is committed to providing a Christ-centered, Scripture based education, to nurture students to become caring, contributing members of the body of Christ and society, so that each FBCS student might become thoroughly equipped unto every good work.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki, black or navy bottoms with solid color polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,410|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts for multiple children in families 4th Child free|
|Admissions Director||Elaine Allshouse|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- FBCS provides a nurturing atmosphere for grades PK3-8th where Christ is central and the academics are challenging. Parents often tell us that FBCS is like no other school, and we agree. Our exceptional Christian teachers serve with a heart for our students. We strive to honor God in all that we do, from weekly chapels, daily Bible lessons, character formation from a Christian worldview and biblical truths integrated across all subject matter. Our class sizes allow our teachers to really know our students and to challenge them with strong academic expectations. We have a beautiful campus that is also safe and secure. We partner closely with our parents to help insure that all students reach their full potential. Our goal is to help create educated students who use their gifts to make an impact in this world for God`s kingdom.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HinghamGrades: PK-4 | 103 students
247 Gardner St
Hingham, MA 02043
- HolbrookGrades: 1-8 | 8 students
Po Box 434
Holbrook, MA 02343
- South WeymouthGrades: PK-8 | 362 students
234 Pleasant St
South Weymouth, MA 02190
- HolbrookGrades: PK-8 | 273 students
143 S Franklin St
Holbrook, MA 02343
- BraintreeGrades: 6-12 | 682 students
745 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.