Eleanor Kolitz Academy
Tel: (210) 302-6900
- The Eleanor Kolitz Academy is a community, K-8 Jewish day school.
- Since 1973, it has provided students with an excellent secular and Judaic education.
- The mission of the Eleanor Kolitz Academy is to maximize the personal, intellectual and spiritual development of each student by providing the highest quality general and Judaic education in a nurturing Jewish environment that emphasizes mutual respect and the unity of the Jewish people (K'lal Yisrael).
- Our goals are to educate and challenge students so they are prepared to excel academically.
- We offer a comprehensive Jewish education that provides a foundation for life long learning and a strong sense of Jewish identity.
- We also provide an excellent program of moral, ethical and spiritual values that enables students to become valuable members of society.
- We provide an environment in which the diverse backgrounds and religious beliefs of all students are respected.
- We foster among our pupils the qualities of love and loyalty to the United States, respect for its laws, a commitment to its democratic values, and a sense of responsibility for the world in which we live.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
The Jewish Community Day School Association (SSDSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.