Eva Carlston Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Eva Carlston Academy Photo #2 - Like exercise, nutrition impacts a girl`s wellbeing at a physical, biochemical, and emotional level. Teaching students about nutrition equips them to exercise more control over their own health.
Eva Carlston Academy Photo #3 - Our students participate in art therapy once per week (though they can elect to do more as schedules permit), which includes instruction, practice, and a therapeutic debrief with our therapists. Students who wish to pursue a specific art form in a more in-depth manner may request extra studio time and instruction.
Eva Carlston Academy Photo #4 - Each of our three houses is designed to function as an intimate, self-contained home for between eight and sixteen girls, each with its own art-therapy room, schoolroom, kitchen, dining room, and common living areas. Girls participate in all aspects of running the house, collectively making recreation decisions, governance decisions, meal plans, and household budgetary decisions.
Eva Carlston Academy Photo #5 - Music therapy utilizes non-verbal, but sound-based expression to help students access and communicate their inner state. As with all of our art therapies, previous experience or ability are unimportant and any student can benefit from the practice of sound-based expression, whether in the form of sophisticated guitar chords or simple forms of drumming.
- Eva Carlston is a private school that is gender specific for adolescent girls ages 13-18.
- Eva Carlston is a social skills based school that fosters pro-social behaviors and emotional development and growth.
- Eva Carlston is passionate about helping students learn and advance academically.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please talk to admissions.|
- Eva Carlston is an accredited school that has licensed teachers and support staff to meet students overall learning needs. Eva Carlston is located at the foot of the Wasatch Mountain Range overlooking the Salt Lake Valley. The school is perfectly situated to take advantage of both outdoor experiences and urban cultural events. Eva Carlston Academy provides a nurturing, home-like environment whereas students plan and cook meals, complete daily chores, engage in group activities, and make decisions that affect self, others and the home. Students participate in a democratic system at Eva Carlston and are encouraged to advocate for self and overall needs socially, emotionally and academically.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: NS-K
4555 S 2300 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84117
(801)565-1058 1.3 NS-K
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-6 | 113 students
3280 E 3900 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84124
(801)424-1420 1.7 PK-6
- Salt Lake City Grades: K-12 | 52 students
1880 E 5600 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
(801)272-9405 2 K-12
Sending our daughter to Eva Carlston Academy was one of the best things we could have done for her and for our family. The staff nurtures and teaches students using an old-fashioned method of earning privileges or consequences, depending on how they respond to daily routines. Over time, the changes in our daughter were remarkable. The staff used empathy and patience in working with her. The therapists were outstanding, with the ability to get to the truth and uncover the source of the problem. My daughter loved the classes at ECA, especially the art classes, and learned to love reading. The art teacher brought out aspects of my daughter that we never knew existed. We are grateful for ECA, Kristi and her team for what they have done for us. Definitely a five-star experience.
- Posted by Parent - Mary V
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.