Eva Carlston Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Eva Carlston is a private school that is gender specific for adolescent girls ages 13-18.
- Eva Carlston is a social skills based school that fosters pro-social behaviors and emotional development and growth.
- Eva Carlston is passionate about helping students learn and advance academically.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please talk to admissions.|
- Eva Carlston is an accredited school that has licensed teachers and support staff to meet students overall learning needs. Eva Carlston is located at the foot of the Wasatch Mountain Range overlooking the Salt Lake Valley. The school is perfectly situated to take advantage of both outdoor experiences and urban cultural events. Eva Carlston Academy provides a nurturing, home-like environment whereas students plan and cook meals, complete daily chores, engage in group activities, and make decisions that affect self, others and the home. Students participate in a democratic system at Eva Carlston and are encouraged to advocate for self and overall needs socially, emotionally and academically.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: NS-K
4555 S 2300 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84117
(801)565-1058 1.3 NS-K
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-6 | 113 students
3280 E 3900 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84124
(801)424-1420 1.7 PK-6
- Salt Lake City Grades: K-12 | 52 students
1880 E 5600 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
(801)272-9405 2 K-12
Sending our daughter to Eva Carlston Academy was one of the best things we could have done for her and for our family. The staff nurtures and teaches students using an old-fashioned method of earning privileges or consequences, depending on how they respond to daily routines. Over time, the changes in our daughter were remarkable. The staff used empathy and patience in working with her. The therapists were outstanding, with the ability to get to the truth and uncover the source of the problem. My daughter loved the classes at ECA, especially the art classes, and learned to love reading. The art teacher brought out aspects of my daughter that we never knew existed. We are grateful for ECA, Kristi and her team for what they have done for us. Definitely a five-star experience.
- Posted by Parent - Mary V
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.