Explorations Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Explorations Preparatory School Photo #2 - EPS student population represents 26 different countries from around the globe.
Explorations Preparatory School Photo #4 - Guitar lessons are an important part of the EPS middle school music experience.
- Explorations Preparatory School's mission is to instill in students the joy of learning and accomplishment while providing the knowledge, skills and experiences needed to succeed in life.
- EPS will achieve this vision by providing a well rounded, world class, theme based curriculum, low student/teacher ratios and an emphasis on the importance of family involvement and family time in the education experience.
- EPS' vision focuses the school on guiding students toward becoming creative, engaged and active learners with the ability and desire to reason, question and solve problems in school and in life.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, polo with logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships for middle school (6th - 8th grade) students available.|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Murtoff|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Flag Football, SoccerArchery, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Audio Visual Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Drama Club, Lego Robotics Club, National Junior Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and Band
- Explorations Preparatory School's mission is to instill in students the joy of learning and accomplishment while providing the knowledge, skills and experiences needed to succeed in life. EPS will achieve this vision by providing a well rounded, world class, theme based curriculum, low student/teacher ratios and an emphasis on the importance of family involvement and family time in the education experience. EPS' vision focuses the school on guiding students toward becoming creative, engaged and active learners with the ability and desire to reason, question and solve problems in school and in life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Southlake Grades: PK-12 | 100 students
100 Clariden Ranch Road
Southlake, TX 76092
(682)237-0400 6.4 PK-12
This school is an amazing school with incredible teachers and students. Everybody knows each other, and we all are a big family.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anhad
Over the three years I spent as a middle school student at Explorations Preparatory School, I learned more about how the world is, was, and will be than I ever learned before, or have since. The style of learning and the personal environment made it so that everyone can learn as quickly and as efficiently as possible. However, it was never bad to be behind or to struggle with a concept that the whole grade was excelling in; you could go to a friend, and your teachers had no qualms about staying after class had ended to help you catch up or just finish hearing a story.These tight-knit groups are a keystone to the EPS experience. The teachers are mentors and encouraging in all endeavors, your friends are confidants and sharers of inside jokes. The rigorous curriculum was always challenging, but the help you could get for even the most trivial matter was readily available. Circumstances prepare you for how to form friendships with people you may not have clicked with at first, and the close proximity teaches you how to reconcile and apologize, and how to forgive. The teachers help you learn independently and show you how to do the work yourself. They are always open to discussion and willing to have a whole class dedicated to a seminar answering a student question, as long as you still learn. My ability to manage my time, workload, and assignments at EPS had me so well prepared, that I now find myself with the skills required to succeed at a rigorous private high school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Amelia
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.