5.00 (2 reviews)
- Faith Lutheran School, founded in 1965 and supported by Faith Lutheran Church, provides a quality Christian education to children aged 3 through 8th grade.
- Children received instruction from qualified, certified teachers. The school provides a safe, loving environment for children of all faiths.
- Middle school students who qualify can also participate in honors math classes that count for high school credit in algebra and geometry.
- All children participate in weekly chapel services where they learn the love of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(French Toast school uniform pieces)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,390|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for grade level. Please call the school office at 352-589-5683 for more information or a packet to be mailed to you.|
|Admissions Director||Marcy Kappel|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Handbells, Musicals, National Junior Honor Society, Orchestra Choir, Handbells, Musicals, Orchestra, National Junior Honor Society,
- At Faith Lutheran School, we believe that from their earliest years of schooling through early adolescence, children form the skills and attitudes that will drive all future academic achievement and social development.Faith Lutheran School is a private Christian day school for pre-kindergarten through eighth grade committed to building a strong foundation of academic excellence and Biblical knowledge. Our close-knit community of dedicated teachers and supportive families ensures an environment that instills student growth. Our kids are engaged, challenged, nurtured and loved.
- Excellence in Christian Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mount DoraGrades: NS-9 | 140 students
751 E 5th Ave
Mount Dora, FL 32757
TavaresGrades: K-12 | 170 students
3800 State Road 19
Tavares, FL 32778
TavaresGrades: PK-11 | 186 students
2451 Dora Ave
Tavares, FL 32778
This school is superior in academics to other private schools in the area. Teachers are amazing in how they adapt to each childs learning style. We could not be happier.
- Posted by Parent - ckoun
. I have never posted a review but feel passionate and grateful enough to do so about Faith Lutheran School. Choosing between public and private education was a very tough decision for my wife and I. After researching the options, visiting several schools both private and public and talking to teachers and guidance counselors we chose to enroll our kids at Faith Lutheran pre school. The main reason was the students transferring from Faith Lutheran to the high school level were highly praised and seemed to excel academically. In many cases they were the valedictorians and salutatorians of their class. We do not put those kinds of expectations on our kids but we wanted to give them the opportunity and the tools to do their best. Faith is a hands on school very committed to instilling Christian values and to the success of their students academically and socially. We can't say enough about the teachers and coaches on how big of an impact they have had on our kids' lives. We have two kids still at Faith and two have moved on to high school. With everything taken into consideration it was probably the best decision we have ever made as parents.
- Posted by Parent - super
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.