Faith Lutheran School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (352) 589-5683
- Faith Lutheran School, founded in 1965 and supported by Faith Lutheran Church, provides a quality Christian education to children aged 3 through 8th grade.
- Children received instruction from qualified, certified teachers. The school provides a safe, loving environment for children of all faiths.
- Middle school students who qualify can also participate in honors math classes that count for high school credit in algebra and geometry.
- All children participate in weekly chapel services where they learn the love of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||242 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniform )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,740|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for grade level. Please call the school office at 352-589-5683 for more information or a packet to be mailed to you.|
|Admissions Director||Marcy Kappel|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Junior Honor Society, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Handbells, Musicals, Orchestra
- At Faith Lutheran School, we believe that from their earliest years of schooling through early adolescence, children form the skills and attitudes that will drive all future academic achievement and social development.Faith Lutheran School is a private Christian day school for pre-kindergarten through eighth grade committed to building a strong foundation of academic excellence and Biblical knowledge. Our close-knit community of dedicated teachers and supportive families ensures an environment that instills student growth. Our kids are engaged, challenged, nurtured and loved.
- Excellence in Christian Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leesburg Grades: K-12 | 568 students
219 N 13th St
Leesburg, FL 34748
(352) 787-7762 12.3 K-12
- Mount Dora Grades: PK-9 | 123 students
751 E 5th Ave
Mount Dora, FL 32757
(352) 735-2324 3.4 PK-9
- Tavares Grades: PK-12 | 186 students
2451 Dora Ave
Tavares, FL 32778
(352) 343-0061 1.4 PK-12
This school is superior in academics to other private schools in the area. Teachers are amazing in how they adapt to each childs learning style. We could not be happier.
- Posted by Parent - ckoun
. I have never posted a review but feel passionate and grateful enough to do so about Faith Lutheran School. Choosing between public and private education was a very tough decision for my wife and I. After researching the options, visiting several schools both private and public and talking to teachers and guidance counselors we chose to enroll our kids at Faith Lutheran pre school. The main reason was the students transferring from Faith Lutheran to the high school level were highly praised and seemed to excel academically. In many cases they were the valedictorians and salutatorians of their class. We do not put those kinds of expectations on our kids but we wanted to give them the opportunity and the tools to do their best. Faith is a hands on school very committed to instilling Christian values and to the success of their students academically and socially. We can't say enough about the teachers and coaches on how big of an impact they have had on our kids' lives. We have two kids still at Faith and two have moved on to high school. With everything taken into consideration it was probably the best decision we have ever made as parents.
- Posted by Parent - super
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?