First Presbyterian Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
- First Presbyterian Preparatory School is proud of its highly acclaimed educational program.
- We provide a commitment to academic excellence in a nurturing Christian environment where each child is encouraged to reach his or her full potential.
- Our curriculum is designed to foster self-esteem and enthusiasm for learning.
- The school utilizes proven educational practices stressing a strong foundation in basic skills.
- First Pres Prep seeks students from families who desire to share in the excitement of growing intellectual curiosity, self-discipline, and the development of interest and talents.
- We encourage our students to explore, understand, respect, and value their differences as diversity among us enriches our lives and our educational experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Designated uniform with spirit wear Fridays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cheerleading, Coding, Science
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Culinary Arts, Dance, Painting
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- For over 50 years, First Pres Prep has proudly served the local community with a commitment to quality education. Accredited by NAEYC and WASC, our qualified teachers provide an accelerated curriculum in an adaptive learning environment where kids thrive.
- Every day at First Pres Prep offers students new opportunities for personal growth, leadership, creative expression, and the skills needed to compete in today's world all within a nurturing Christian community. We feature small classes, STEAM curriculum, music education, Bible studies and Chapel, dedicated art studio, renovated library, experiential learning, high tech computer lab, integrated technology, after-school enrichment, community service, and student leadership.
- Enhanced programs, before and after school care, engaging outdoor experiences, and dedicated staff committed to positive learning are just a few reasons students benefit from enrollment at First Pres Prep.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granada Hills Grades: NS-5 | 145 students
12227 Balboa Blvd
Granada Hills, CA 91344
(818)368-6947 2.6 NS-5
- Granada Hills Grades: PK-8 | 234 students
17637 Mayerling St
Granada Hills, CA 91344
(818)363-5515 1.7 PK-8
- Northridge Grades: NS-9 | 89 students
18355 Roscoe Blvd
Northridge, CA 91325
(818)885-1655 2.7 NS-9
As parents who are also educators, we chose First Pres because of its strong academic reputation. It is the ONLY school in the area that has the NAEYC accreditation for its preschool division and WASC for its elementary division (ask about accreditation when shopping for private schools-some try to deceive families). One drop off and pick up for preschool and elementary makes life so much easier! We`d never consider a school that didn`t have this type of oversight. A rare thing among private schools is that First Pres has ONLY seasoned credentialed teachers heading the classes, so they really know what they`re doing. Most importantly, with small classes, they "get" each student. The campus is big with 3 shaded playgrounds, including a huge field, a library, science room, computer lab, an art studio and big meeting areas. Working parents will find they have lots of support with before and after school programs (which are more affordable than what you get at public school) and tons of enrichment choices, so you aren`t running all over town doing extra-curriculars. The Christian values taught and enforced at the school are universal and people from a variety of belief systems will likely feel comfortable. It`s a very open and accepting community. Our family doesn`t fit perfectly into a single faith-based community, and we`ve been warmly welcomed. Our children are happy and thriving academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Posted by Parent - First Pres Mom
Nearby Homes for Sale
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.