Folsom Preparatory School
- Mission Statement: Folsom Preparatory School educates children to become compassionate, confident, and creative global citizens who will excel in the 21st century.
- Folsom Preparatory School is more than a school; we are family! Small class sizes enable our teachers to better focus on creating a caring classroom atmosphere which helps children discover their own unique gifts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki bottoms, collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,550|
|Tuition Notes||10 monthly payments of $1055.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service, Engineering, Future City, Lego Robotics, Science Olympiad
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Fine Arts, Music
- Folsom Preparatory School is dedicated to educational enrichment while focusing on quality individualized instruction. Our passion is fostering positive social development through the teaching of life skills, personal responsibility, and cultural diversity. By instilling a love for learning, we provide our families with the foundation necessary for success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 81.5 PK-8
- Menlo Park Grades: NS-5 | 292 students
2245 Avy Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650)854-4545 101.7 NS-5
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.