Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart
5.00 (1 review)
Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart Photo #2 - One pillar of our Global Experiences curriculum is the Resources and Sustainability trip. In 2017, groups of students and teachers visited Costa Rica; the 2018 trip will be to the Dominican Republic.
Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart Photo #3 - Technology is at the heart of a Forest Ridge education.
Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart Photo #4 - Our High School Chamber Choir is recognized as one of the top youth choirs in the world. In 2017, they performed at St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.
Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart Photo #5 - Service to the community is an important part of the Forest Ridge experiential learning.
Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart Photo #6 - The Peace and Reconciliation program - and our students' work in other countries - is an important part of our Global Experiences in The Center for Girls.
Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart Photo #8 - Middle school and high school athletic opportunities abound for anyone: we have a no-cut policy in athletics.
- Founded in 1907 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart, Forest Ridge empowers, educates and inspires girls and young women in 5th through 12th grades.
- Both a day and boarding school, Forest Ridge is the only Sacred Heart school in the Pacific Northwest.
- We are a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school, and a recognized pioneer in all-girls' middle school and high school education.
- Our students thrive in our rigorous, integrated global curriculum, and feel supported to take risks and challenge themselves to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Chemistry, French, Spanish, US History|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Plaid skirt, khaki pants, polo shirts and sweater or sweatshirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes books, sports fees and uniforms, drama, middle school before- and after-school care.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,360|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Ayer '06, Director of Enrollment Management|
|Admissions Associate||Gargi Trichel|
|Endowment Size||$33 million|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
- Founded in 1907, Forest Ridge - the Sacred Heart School of Seattle - is a Catholic, all-girls, independent, college-preparatory school serving students grades 5 through 12.
- As a member of the worldwide Network of Sacred Heart Schools, we educate each student to the following goals: a personal and active faith in God; a deep respect for intellectual values; a social awareness which impels to action; the building of community as a Christian value; and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
- It is the essence of a Sacred Heart school that it be deeply concerned for each student's total development: spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical.
- Forest Ridge provides a challenging academic environment that embraces students of diverse cultural, religious and socio-economic backgrounds.
- We develop confident young women who are responsible, creative and compassionate.
- Our community strives to bring hope and justice to the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kirkland Grades: 5-12 | 457 students
10613 NE 38th Place
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425)822-5668 6.2 5-12
Very intensive college prep course. competitive environment sometimes too much competitive. Generally, sport activities at high school were relatively limited.
- Posted by Parent - mhiok
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.