Hiking, backpacking, climbing, canyoneering, skiing and snorkeling are just a few of the activities that are part of our outstanding Outdoor Education program.
Our High School Chamber Choir is recognized as one of a handful of youth choirs in the world to perform in three top choral events, including Festival 500.
The Resources and Sustainability pillar of our Women as Global Leaders curriculum includes a service learning trip to Alaska.
The Peace and Reconciliation program - and our students' work in the Middle East - is an important part of our Women as Global Leaders curriculum.
Forest Ridge is a global school, reflected in numerous ways, including the high school's service learning activities in the Seattle area.
Middle school and high school athletic opportunities abound for anyone: we have a no-cut policy in athletics.
World-class learning takes place each moment at Forest Ridge, an International Baccalaureate Programme World School since 2011.
- Founded in 1907 and designated an International Baccalaureate Programme World School in 2011, Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic, all-girls, independent, college-preparatory school serving students grades 5 through 12.
- As a member of the worldwide Network of Sacred Heart Schools, we educate each student to the following goals: a personal and active faith in God; a deep respect for intellectual values; a social awareness which impels to action; the building of community as a Christian value; and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
- It is the essence of a Sacred Heart school that it be deeply concerned for each student's total development: spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical.
- Forest Ridge provides a challenging academic environment that embraces students of diverse cultural, religious and socio-economic backgrounds.
- We develop confident young women who are responsible, creative and compassionate.
- Our community strives to bring hope and justice to the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||395 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Chemistry, French, Spanish, US History|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Monday full dress uniform, T-Fri Khaki pants and sweatshirts or dress uniform if girls prefer)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes books, sports fees and uniforms, drama, middle school before- and after-school care.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,360|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shana Abner (high school);Tara Waller (middle school)|
|Admissions Associate||Jasmine Reyes|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Kayaking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BellevueGrades: 5-12 | 50 students
5027 159th Place Se
Bellevue, WA 98006
SeattleGrades: 9-12 | 685 students
728 21st Ave E
Seattle, WA 98112
SeattleGrades: K-12 | 580 students
3400 E Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98112
RedmondGrades: 5-12 | 527 students
20301 NE 108th Street
Redmond, WA 98053
SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 730 students
1201 E Union Street
Seattle, WA 98122
Very intensive college prep course. competitive environment sometimes too much competitive. Generally, sport activities at high school were relatively limited.
- Posted by Parent - mhiok
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.