Franciscan Montessori Earth School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Franciscan Montessori Earth School/St. Francis Academy provides students from early childhood through young adolescence the tools to acquire individual fulfillment, academic excellence, moral and spiritual development, confidence and independence for lifelong learning.
- Through the academic and experiential learning process developed by Maria Montessori, and influenced by the spirituality of St. Francis, students learn to care for and respect themselves, others, and the earth.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,545|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies per level, average is the number above.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
|Admissions Director||Sister Therese Gutting|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Computer, Dance, Green Team, Languages, more, Music, Robotics, Scouts, Sports, Yoga|
- The Franciscan Montessori Earth School / Saint Francis Academy has been on the leading edge of private Montessori education in Portland, OR for more than 35 years. We are the only accredited pre-K through 8th grade Catholic Montessori school in the Western United States. We serve children ages 2 ½ through 15 on our 10 acre campus in SE Portland. Our Montessori curriculum is individualized, multi-aged and emphasizes ecology, which we view as the study of the interconnectedness of all living things. Our established gardens and close proximity to wilderness enhance our outdoor and environmental programs which include overnight camping trips for elementary and middle school students. We also offer a full complement of programs including before and after school childcare, nutrition, athletics, religion, art and music.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: NS-12 | 756 students
8825 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
(503)297-1894 12.5 NS-12
- Camas Grades: PK-K | 61 students
522 NE 23rd Ave.
Camas, WA 98607
(360)834-7434 8.2 PK-K
Awesome educational experience for my children focussing on whole body learning -- gardening program, earth experience, camping trips, science fair, drama, all that in additional to basic curriculum. My children learned so much in a respectful way what honors the individuality of each one.
- Posted by Parent - mcurs
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.