Franciscan Montessori Earth School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Franciscan Montessori Earth School/St. Francis Academy provides students from early childhood through young adolescence the tools to acquire individual fulfillment, academic excellence, moral and spiritual development, confidence and independence for lifelong learning.
- Through the academic and experiential learning process developed by Maria Montessori, and influenced by the spirituality of St. Francis, students learn to care for and respect themselves, others, and the earth.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||312 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,545|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies per level, average is the number above.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
|Admissions Director||Sister Therese Gutting|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Computer, Dance, Green Team, Languages, more, Music, Robotics, Scouts, Sports, Yoga Art, Chess, Computer, Dance, Green Team, Languages, more, Music, Robotics, Scouts, Sports, Yoga,|
- The Franciscan Montessori Earth School / Saint Francis Academy has been on the leading edge of private Montessori education in Portland, OR for more than 35 years. We are the only accredited pre-K through 8th grade Catholic Montessori school in the Western United States. We serve children ages 2 Â½ through 15 on our 10 acre campus in SE Portland. Our Montessori curriculum is individualized, multi-aged and emphasizes ecology, which we view as the study of the interconnectedness of all living things. Our established gardens and close proximity to wilderness enhance our outdoor and environmental programs which include overnight camping trips for elementary and middle school students. We also offer a full complement of programs including before and after school childcare, nutrition, athletics, religion, art and music.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CamasGrades: PK-K | 61 students
2227 NE Everett St.
Camas, WA 98607
- VancouverGrades: NS-K | 88 students
10316 Ne 14th Street
Vancouver, WA 98664
- PortlandGrades: PK-8 | 431 students
601 NE 39th Avenue
Portland, OR 97232
- PortlandGrades: PK-12 | 756 students
8825 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
- PortlandGrades: PK-7 | 120 students
2120 NE Tillamook
Portland, OR 97212
Awesome educational experience for my children focussing on whole body learning -- gardening program, earth experience, camping trips, science fair, drama, all that in additional to basic curriculum. My children learned so much in a respectful way what honors the individuality of each one.
- Posted by Parent - mcurs
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.