We look forward to welcoming you and your child everyday.
Our teachers are eager to understand your needs and ways to uniquely serve you and your family.
Keeping your child safe is our number one priority, while sharing with you their learning and developmental experiences.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 62 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Powell KinderCare, and thank you for choosing our center! We are passionate and knowledgeable about providing a healthy foundation, nurturing care, and educational exploration to meet the developmental needs for each age group from six weeks to 12 years. Our state certified teachers are available daily to meet a variety of scheduling needs. Our goal is to help you feel confident and comfortable. We are proud to offer home cooked meals; to facilitate fun, exciting learning opportunities; and to help your child grow and develop through their different stages in life. Come in today and join us for a world of learning. We look forward to meeting you soon!
- Here at the Powell KinderCare Learning Center, your child's safety is one of our top priorities. All of our playgrounds are fenced with locked gates and our outside perimeter doors locked to ensure security. In addition, the front door of the building has a coded entry where only authorized family members will have a code to enter. Otherwise a door bell is available to visitors who will be greeted by a Center staff member. We have an onsite Health and Safety Coordinator who's duties includes conducting monthly earthquake and fire drills, ensuring that all staff's first aid and CPR certificates are up to date, and maintaining high cleanliness standards.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Oregon DHS
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Powell KinderCare?
The application deadline for Powell KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Powell KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.