From The Heart Christian School
- From the Heart Christian School is a private institution which has the Word of God as its spiritual foundation and the Maryland College and Career Readiness and Next Generation Science Standards as its academic grounding. The primary objective and purpose of From is to provide a solid academic education within the framework of Christian principles taught in the Holy Scriptures. At all grade levels, instruction integrates biblical and spiritual principles taught at From the Heart Church Ministries. Students are also equipped with the academic tools necessary for competing both nationally and internationally in any educational venue. All courses meet rigorous academic standards and are uniquely designed to assist students in seeing societal issues and life's challenges from God`s perspective.
- Graduates of From the Heart Christian School have attended and currently are enrolled in some of the most pretigious institutions in the world.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Computer Science, AP Environmental Science, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP World,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms are worn)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 19|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Dance, Oratorical, Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Students whose parents or legal guardians are members of From the Heart Church Ministries are eligible to enroll in From the Heart Christian School. Students are expected to demonstrate spiritual and academic excellence during: 1) the decision making process; 2) planning and problem-solving; 3) close analytical reading and higher order thinking skills; 4) synthesizing, and interpreting various forms of information; and 5) the process of investigating, researching, and drawing conclusions from all forms of informational texts and media.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Suitland Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
4650 Suitland Rd
Suitland, MD 20746
(301)568-6200 0.3 PK-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.