Genesis Preparatory School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Genesis Preparatory School offers American and international students a strong academic program in English, mathematics, sciences, social studies, and technology as well as a variety of experiences in art, music, drama, foreign language instruction, athletics, and extracurricular activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Algebra, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Literature, AP US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Grade 6 $11,550.00 Grade 7 $12,550.00 Grade 8 $13,550.00 Upper School $13,900 Monthly payments & financial aid available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Melissa Nurrenbrock|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Junior State America, National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Rotary Interact, Spanish Club, Student Council, Teen Court, Young Leaders Conference, Youth Leadership Pasco
- Our state-of-the-art Jonas Science Center and Math Department offer a variety of Math and Science courses ranging from Physics and Chemistry to AP Biology and from Integrated Math to Calculus. GPS provides class instruction in music theory and music appreciation and offers a hand bell choir, concert band, jazz ensemble, guitar, and drum line to all students. Drama, humanities, and a variety of art classes offer opportunities for competition and exhibitions throughout the year. Computer literacy, keyboard skills, research tools, and digital technology are taught in grades 6 through 12 in our lab and through our laptop computer program. Wireless internet access is available campus-wide.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Port RicheyGrades: NS-12 | 320 students
5630 Olympia St
New Port Richey, FL 34652
- New Port RicheyGrades: K-12 | 106 students
10005 Ridge Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654
- Tarpon SpringsGrades: K-12 | 250 students
1350 East Lake Road N
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
- New Port RicheyGrades: 1-12 | 41 students
5940 Massachusetts Ave
New Port Richey, FL 34652
My children love the small class sizes and individualized attention. I love the closeness that all students have, they are like one big family!! Did I mention staright A's for both ? LOVE this school!
- Posted by Parent - leesa
Genesis is going from strenth to strengths with top notch academics in a consistent setting and truly friendly staff and faculty. This makes a great home and community for students and parents alike. Five stars all around!
- Posted by Parent - ccple
Genesis Prep. has established a solid reputation for the past 20 years for their academic and enrichment programs. This school is a hidden gem in Pasco County. Having had two sons with very different learning styles, I have tried everything from regular public school during the elementary years to charter middle school, FL virtual school for summer classes and even the IB program at Gulf High and can say with confidence that the educational experience at Genesis is the best. The campus, has everything: nice classrooms, athletic fields, tennis and a lovely Gym/auditorium. The teachers are very competent in their fields and have a personal interest their students succeeding and developing to their fullest potential. The student body is culturally diverse and has developed a close knit community within itself that does not discriminate or segregate.The entire campus is very welcoming and there are many programs to enhance the academic experience. Now that Dr. Missy Nurrenbrock has assumed the role of headmistress, I am sure that Genesis Prep. will get even better!
- Posted by Parent - gulfq
This is an amazing school for my son, with excellent teachers giving personal attention, a strong community with good parent involvement, and a school with excellent facilities. The students do well not least because they have so many opportunities to shine, not just in the classroom but also through sports, arts, music, language, debating, publications and theater.
- Posted by Parent - cplei
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.