Goshen Friends School
Experience teachers at Goshen Friends provide one-on-one and small-group attention, making each learner feel nurtured and confident.
All students at Goshen Friends School take part in Specials classes in Art, Music, Outdoor Education, and Spanish.
- Guided by the Quaker values of equality, integrity, simplicity, community, and peace, Goshen Friends School provides a strong academic foundation through a responsive curriculum and small classes to nurture joyful learning.
- We provide a quality education where children are empowered as learners.
- We recognize that there is "that of God" in everyone.
- We foster a welcoming environment of diversity, where all are valued and respected as unique individuals.
- We embrace stewardship of the environment and community service.
- We place value on being a community of students, staff, and families.
- We promote peaceful conflict resolution, trustful relationships, and respect for individual spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $2750–$14,000 depending on the class.|
|Admissions Director||Michele Kornegay|
- Goshen Friends School is a Quaker, PAIS (Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools) accredited, coeducational day school for children in Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten.
- Our Preschool program serves children as young as 2.7 years old.
- A teacher and an aide staff each of our six PS/PK sections, which can accommodate up to 14 children.
- All PS, PK, and K classes include specials in Art, Music, Outdoor Education, and Spanish.
- By My Side is a preschool class for 2-year-olds and their parents or caregivers, and meets Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout the academic year.
- Students who need a safe, supervised, enjoyable place to be outside of scheduled class time can participate in our extended day care program that runs from 8:45 AM through 4 PM.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LansdowneGrades: K-6 | 93 students
110 N Lansdowne Ave
Lansdowne, PA 19050
- PottstownGrades: NS-12 | 329 students
699 N Pleasantview Rd
Pottstown, PA 19464
- West ChesterGrades: NS-5 | 138 students
415 N High Street
West Chester, PA 19380
- Chester SpringsGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
1141 Kimberton Road
Chester Springs, PA 19425
- Newtown SquareGrades: PK-12 | 835 students
462 Malin Rd
Newtown Square, PA 19073
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.