Grace Brethren Elementary
Grace Brethren Elementary Photo #2 - 3rd Grade Field Trip to the Reagan Library touring Air Force One
Grace Brethren Elementary Photo #3 - The Grace Brethren Elementary campus goes all out for Spirit Week
- Grace Brethren Elementary School is a private, non-profit, co-educational school, for students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
- It was founded by Grace Brethren Church in 1978, and operates as a ministry outreach of the church.
- Grace Brethren Schools is fully accredited by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Philosophy - Our educational philosophy is born out of the belief that God is the source of all truth and the creator of all things; Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, the Savior of mankind in whom is hidden "all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3); and, man is a sinner who is by nature estranged from God and who therefore must be born again (John 3:7) and become a new person in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- The authority of the Word of God and its directive to parents is to bring up their children in the "discipline and instruction of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4).
- Grace Brethren School (GBS) exists to assist parents and the church in fulfilling this God-given responsibility with the definitive action to inculcate a God-centered worldview in students that gives meaning and direction to the educative process.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||327 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms required. Sue Mills)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,087|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts available for multiple children, pastors and full time employees. Kindergarten is $8,076 and includes FREE before and after care.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Henderson|
|Admissions Associate||Sara Bush|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Drill Team, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Band & Choir, Dance Program, Performing Arts Clu
- Offering 2 levels of Kindergarten - K1 is designed to provide children with additional time for maturation and physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development. The goal of the program is to develop confidence in their abilities by allowing them to increase their skills at their own pace. This is done in an activity-oriented environment in which they participate in large group, small group and individual learning situations. The end result is a confident, naturally maturing child that is ready for success in the next level of kindergarten. Students entering kindergarten test into K1 or K2.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Simi Valley Grades: K-7 | 86 students
2949 Alamo St
Simi Valley, CA 93063
(805)526-2482 2.4 K-7
- Simi Valley Grades: K-8 | 295 students
1325 Royal Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065
(805)526-5304 1.1 K-8
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.