Grace Church School
Grace Church School serves 771 students in grades Prekindergarten-12is a member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
The student:teacher of Grace Church School is 7:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Episcopal.
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 771 students
- Yearly Tuition: $46,030
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Nov. 15
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
Yearly Tuition Cost
For everything for which there is a charge, FA is available.
Total Sports Offered
- Grace Church School was founded in 1894 to educate the choristers of Grace Church. The school became coeducational in 1947 and currently enrolls students from a wide variety of ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds. GCS welcomes families who value the important partnership between school and home. Grace Church School maintains a tradition of high academic expectations challenging students in a rigorous curriculum.The Early Childhood Division (Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten) and the Lower School (Grades One through Four) shape and complete the transition from home to school, in the course of which children learn fairness and cooperation. The curriculum focuses on language arts and mathematics as the foundation for academic growth. In the Middle School (Grades Five through Eight) students assume greater responsibility in the face of more complex academic and social experiences. The opportunities for responsibility and personal expression are enhanced through student council, community service, sports, arts, and social activities such as dances and trips. 1:1 Chromebooks and expansive offerings in the arts including winds, strings, vocal and dance continue the rich tradition of music and arts begun in Early Childhood. The High School Division continues the school`s commitment to excellence in academics, arts, athletics, ethics, diversity and community. The progression during high school to core academic mastery emphasizes quality over quantity and depth over breadth, assuming that there are things students need to know and things students need to know how to do. In all disciplines, students may elect to take advanced level courses in their junior and senior years, including seminars in history, literature, intensive courses in mathematics, sciences, languages and major concentrations in the arts.Off-campus study is available to select juniors and seniors.Grace Church School students appreciate the power of community. A service learning program brings older and younger students together, and provides assistance to various activities within the school and the neighborhood. Students study the Bible, and comparative religion between grades three, four, and five, and are enrolled in a Life Skills /Character Education class in Grades 5 8, and in high school students take a class in world religions and study ethics and philosophy. Weekly Chapel services in the JrK - 8 th grades alternating with Community Meeting in the high school, celebrate the religious diversity of the school community and provide time for common reflection.Grace Church School maintains a strong commitment to financial aid and offers assistance to families who demonstrate need. Financial aid is available for everything for which there is a charge. With two campuses, in the heart of downtown Manhattan, Grace Church School is convenient to all forms of public transportation.
Endorse Grace Church School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Reasons Why You Might Change Schools
Here are five reasons why you might want to change schools.
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.