Grace Church School
- Grace Church School serves 771 students in grades Prekindergarten-12 and is a member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- The student:teacher of Grace Church School is 7:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Episcopal.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||771 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||115 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,030|
|Tuition Notes||For everything for which there is a charge, FA is available.|
|Admissions Director||Margery Stone|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Grace Church School was founded in 1894 to educate the choristers of Grace Church. The school became coeducational in 1947 and currently enrolls students from a wide variety of ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds. GCS welcomes families who value the important partnership between school and home. Grace Church School maintains a tradition of high academic expectations challenging students in a rigorous curriculum.The Early Childhood Division (Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten) and the Lower School (Grades One through Four) shape and complete the transition from home to school, in the course of which children learn fairness and cooperation. The curriculum focuses on language arts and mathematics as the foundation for academic growth. In the Middle School (Grades Five through Eight) students assume greater responsibility in the face of more complex academic and social experiences. The opportunities for responsibility and personal expression are enhanced through student council, community service, sports, arts, and social activities such as dances and trips. 1:1 Chromebooks and expansive offerings in the arts including winds, strings, vocal and dance continue the rich tradition of music and arts begun in Early Childhood. The High School Division continues the school`s commitment to excellence in academics, arts, athletics, ethics, diversity and community. The progression during high school to core academic mastery emphasizes quality over quantity and depth over breadth, assuming that there are things students need to know and things students need to know how to do. In all disciplines, students may elect to take advanced level courses in their junior and senior years, including seminars in history, literature, intensive courses in mathematics, sciences, languages and major concentrations in the arts.Off-campus study is available to select juniors and seniors.Grace Church School students appreciate the power of community. A service learning program brings older and younger students together, and provides assistance to various activities within the school and the neighborhood. Students study the Bible, and comparative religion between grades three, four, and five, and are enrolled in a Life Skills /Character Education class in Grades 5 8, and in high school students take a class in world religions and study ethics and philosophy. Weekly Chapel services in the JrK - 8 th grades alternating with Community Meeting in the high school, celebrate the religious diversity of the school community and provide time for common reflection.Grace Church School maintains a strong commitment to financial aid and offers assistance to families who demonstrate need. Financial aid is available for everything for which there is a charge. With two campuses, in the heart of downtown Manhattan, Grace Church School is convenient to all forms of public transportation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5200 3.9 K-12
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 957 students
291 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
(212)724-6360 4 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.