- At Greenwood we have a deep commitment to a quality preschool education and day care.
- We feel an outstanding preschool should provide a warm, loving atmosphere where a child can grow intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally.
- We want each class to be taught in a positive and non-threatening manner which allows for stimulation and growth.
- We feel children should be treated with respect so they will value the feelings and ideas of others.
- Greenwood believes each day of a child’s life is full of curiosity and learning.
- Parents and teachers play an important role in responding to and supporting learning experiences.
- By working together, we can help our children develop into healthy, intelligent human beings.
- Our teachers are college graduates and experienced in early childhood.
- Our faculty consists of teachers, senior staff, and aides. Greenwood serves children from varied economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Our faculty strongly believes that children learn through first hand experiences, structured and unstructured play activities, and involvement with their peers.
- The staff at Greenwood helps create an environment that is conducive to learning in this manner.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Temple HillsGrades: NS-PK | 25 students
1901 Iverson Street
Temple Hills, MD 20748
WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 140 students
4404 Wisconsin Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20016
ColumbiaGrades: NS-PK | 160 students
8910 Route 108, Suite D
Columbia, MD 21045
RockvilleGrades: NS-K | 68 students
4500 Muncaster Mill Rd
Rockville, MD 20853
GreenbeltGrades: NS-K | 122 students
NASA GSFC Code 200.9 Building 90
Greenbelt, MD 20771
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017