St. Mary's School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Saint Mary's School is a diverse Catholic educational community reflecting the richness of cultures and ethnic backgrounds found in St. Mary's Parish.
- Teachers, parents, staff, and the parish community work together to develop in our children a love for God, an enthusiasm for learning, and a respect for and appreciation for others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||227 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Non-Catholic tuition is slightly higher|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$780|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Andrea Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Book Club, Children's Choir, Dance/Cheer, Golf, Gospel Choir, Hockey/LaCrosse, National Junior Honor Society, Performing Arts, Student Council|
- Success Starts Here: An Academic Approach as Unique as Each Student.
- Academics Emphasis on Science, Technology, Reading and Math; Nationally ranked in middle school Math contests; Foreign Language and Algebra offered in middle school; Utilization of portfolios, journals and hands-on activities to develop critical thinking skills. Arts: Performing Arts: Annual musicals, Children's Choir, Gospel Choir, and Instrumental bands. Visual Arts: Art fairs and Community Exhibitions. Athletics: Intramural and CYO Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Track and Field, Cross Country. Additional Programs: National Junior Honor Society recognizes students with outstanding academic achievements and leadership skills; Study Buddy Program pairing of older and younger students to serve as mentors,develop friendships, and share fun activities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HyattsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 223 students
7009 Varnum Street
Hyattsville, MD 20784
- LanhamGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
9473 Annapolis Rd
Lanham, MD 20706
- HyattsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 241 students
6310 Jason Street
Hyattsville, MD 20785
- HyattsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 337 students
6801 Sheriff Road
Hyattsville, MD 20785
- HyattsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
5207 42nd Place
Hyattsville, MD 20781
I am a graduate of 2016 from St. Mary's. I have been at St. Mary's for 10+ years and I can confidently say I will never forget this school. It has a very warm environment with loving faculty. Students are very respectful and you will be able to build memories that will last forever. The academics are challenging to get the best out of students. I truly recommend going to St. Mary's.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bsshd
I have a child in PRE-K 4 at St. Mary's. I visited many schools before choosing St. Mary's. The PRE-K Teacher is excellent. She truly cares for each student and is attentive to each child s strengths and weaknesses. She offers parents guidance to work on any weakness and to build on strengths. The school is also building up their basketball program. The upper grades perform at the highest levals in Math at local competitions. My youngest will be enrolling in the fall and I can see both my children continuing through 8th grade. The school is very active in the community and the teachers and staff are very welcoming. The school encourages parental input. It is also very affordable. I would highly recommend
- Posted by Parent - aivy2
I go to St. Mary's and am currently in 6th Grade. I''ve been in St. Mary's since Pre-K. There are many opportunities in St. Mary's. They have lots of great activities to choose from. Every year, a new activity is added. All of the teachers are very understanding. They''re always there if another student is struggling in class. They understand what each and every student has gone through, they help them get through it. My parents love St. Mary's, as my 2 other brothers also go to the same school. I would highly recommend St. Mary's of Landover Hills.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Cimor
St. Mary's Landover Hills is an excellent school filled with lots of learning opportunities! I love the way they involve the students in giving back to the community. It's easy to see that the number one priority at St. Mary's Landover Hills is the students. My son is in 4th grade and his teacher addresses his academic and social growth on a daily basis! He's doing much better academically at St. Mary's Landover Hills than he was in public school! The tuition is affordable and there is no limit to the programs that the school is willing to provide to make sure that he becomes a well rounded contributor to society. St. Mary's Landover Hills is the total package!
- Posted by Parent - bgood
I have three sons all have attended or still attending St Mary's Landover Hills. My oldest two boys started in the 4th grade and now are freshmen in College. I have a 7th grader still attending and I wanted to take a moment to comment on how well behaved our Saint Mary's children were during a recent field trip. I volunteered to chaperone the 6th and 7th grade classes to GMU to see several one act plays. I was very impressed with the student's behavior during the performances.They were respectful and engaged for each play. I have to note that there were several schools in attendance yesterday and students from other schools were not as respectful. Some were placing their feet on the back of the seats in front of them or kicking seats in front of them or rudely talking during the performances but NOT our children. It was a pleasure to volunteer .The students represented the school nicely.
- Posted by Parent - loric
I am a 2014 St.Mary's graduate. My experenise at St.mary's was amazing. We collected coats, school supplies, and can foods for the under privileged. Friday chapel was a good expereniense for me because it taught me morals, how to develop friendships and a working relationship with God. I learned at St.Mary's to take pride in my work. The teachers were always there to provide extra help when I had a problem. St Mary's perpared me for the next phase in life by teaching the benefits of time management when I am doing my work. There is a strong sense of community that made me look forward to the school days. I recommabd St. Marys school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - karla
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.