5.00 (1 review)
- St. Jerome Academy is the Archdiocese of Washington's Classical school.
- Our educational plan is based on the Classical Trivium (Grammar, Logic and Rhetoric) and incorporates 5000 years of human knowledge, integrated by an understanding of the revelation of Jesus Christ as the central point of history. The St. Jerome Educational Plan was developed by our own panel of expert volunteers, and is designed to align the benefits of methods developed over more than 1000 years with the needs of a contemporary classroom.
- Our curriculum, which was implemented during the 2010-2011 academic year, has already been adopted by other schools around the country.
- Our highly qualified and enthusiastic faculty are committed to educating every student to understand and practice the True, the Good, and the Beautiful. Many local and national media have covered St. Jerome Academy's unique educational program, including The Washington Post, National Public Radio, First Things magazine, Reuters News Service, and CNN.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Rooms with 2 Special Ed. Teachers|
|Total Students||332 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,680|
|Tuition Notes||2016-2017 1 child Catholic rate: $7260 Non-Catholic: $9680 multi-child discounts are substantial|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christopher Currie|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Achievers Club, Art History Club, Band, Chess Club, Choir, Cooking Club, DaVinci Science Club, Drama Club, Einstein Science Club, Handmade Gifts Club, Robotics Club, Scholars Club, School Newspaper, School Yearbook, Scrabble Club, St. Joseph Society, String Instruments, Studio Art Club Achievers Club, Band, Chess Club, Choir, Cooking Club, Drama Club, Robotics Club, Scholars Club, Scrabble Club, Art History Club,
DaVinci Science Club,
Einstein Science Club,
Handmade Gifts Club,
St. Joseph Society,
Studio Art Club,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HyattsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 232 students
6310 Jason Street
Hyattsville, MD 20785
HyattsvilleGrades: NS-12 | 222 students
7009 Varnum Street
Hyattsville, MD 20784
HyattsvilleGrades: NS-8 | 227 students
7207 Annapolis Road
Hyattsville, MD 20784
LanhamGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
9473 Annapolis Rd
Lanham, MD 20706
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-12 | 756 students
1133 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
The curriculum is impressive. The teachers promote deep-thinking across grade-levels. The memory work (singing) that the lower school children do is impressive. We are also believe the kindness of the teachers has been a positive influence on our child. We switched from public school and we're really happy with our decision.
- Posted by Parent - elizp
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.