St. Jerome Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (301) 277-4568
- St. Jerome Academy is the Archdiocese of Washington's Classical school.
- Our educational plan is based on the Classical Trivium (Grammar, Logic and Rhetoric) and incorporates 5000 years of human knowledge, integrated by an understanding of the revelation of Jesus Christ as the central point of history. The St. Jerome Educational Plan was developed by our own panel of experts, and is designed to align the benefits of methods developed over more than 1000 years with the needs of a contemporary classroom.
- Our curriculum, which was implemented during the 2010-2011 academic year, has already been adopted by other schools around the country.
- Our highly qualified and enthusiastic faculty are committed to educating every student to understand and practice the True, the Good, and the Beautiful. Many local and national media have covered St. Jerome Academy's unique educational program, including The Washington Post, National Public Radio, The New Yorker magazine, First Things magazine, Reuters News Service, and CNN.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Rooms with 2 Special Ed. Teachers|
|Total Students||405 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,384|
|Tuition Notes||2020-2021 1 child Catholic rate: $7968 Substantial sibling discounts multi-child discounts are substantial|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,450|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christopher Currie|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Chess Club, Club Invention, Constructing the Universe, Leadership Training, Needlework, Robotics Club, St. Joseph Society, Stewards of Eden
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama Club, String Instruments, Studio Art Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Beginning Fitness Club, Fitness Club
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The curriculum is impressive. The teachers promote deep-thinking across grade-levels. The memory work (singing) that the lower school children do is impressive. We are also believe the kindness of the teachers has been a positive influence on our child. We switched from public school and we're really happy with our decision.
- Posted by Parent - elizp
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.