Hampshire Country School
- Hampshire Country School is a small, friendly boarding school for about 20 boys of elementary and middle-school age.
- It is a place of wholesome laughter and play, where boys who may have been isolated and lonely elsewhere will fit, thrive, and learn the fun of life and learning.
- It is especially suitable for boys of high intellectual ability who have had serious difficulty meeting behavior expectations in large, socially complex schools, including boys with ADHD, NVLD, and Asperger's.
- Traditional elementary and secondary courses are taught in classes of about 4 students.
- Recreation-level sports and activities are designed for fun and learning.
- The rustic 1700 acre campus includes forests, lakes, streams, and a small farm.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Difficulties related to superior ability, NVLD, ADHD, Asperger|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$5,000|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared shirts for classes. Jackets and ties for formal occasions.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$61,500|
|Tuition Notes||All-inclusive tuition includes room, board, most activities, laundry, and most school supplies.The school does not offer financial aid.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||William Dickerman|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
board games, care of farm animals, strategy games
Arts and Music Programs:
music lessons (piano, brass, singing)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
canoeing, hiking, Recreational sports and outdoor games, skiing
- Can be a good choice for certain high ability boys who might also have ADHD, autism spectrum issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, or executive function difficulties,
- Best entering ages: 8- to 11-years-old
- Typical class size: 3 to 6 students Typical dorm-group size: 5 to 8 students
- All students are boarding students. Most faculty live on campus.
- Students come from all regions of the U.S.A., plus American students living abroad.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hillsborough Grades: 6-12 | 39 students
11 Bobcat Blvd
Hillsborough, NH 03244
(603)478-5236 27.9 6-12
- Suncook Grades: Inquire with school | 20 students
133 River Rd.
Suncook, NH 03275
(603)485-7141 36.5 Inquire with school
- Fairfield Grades: PK-9 | 271 students
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203)259-2723 128.6 PK-9
- Wilmington Grades: PK-12 | 102 students
6201 Kennett Pike
Wilmington, DE 19807
(302)571-0230 277.5 PK-12