High SchoolRoad Academy
- High Road Academy specializes in individualized, remedial programs for students primarily with learning disabilities.
- Staff is trained in a variety of methodologies designed for students with severe reading disabilities such as Orton-Gillingham, Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program, Phono-Graphix, Language! and others.
- In addition to specialized strategies, High Road Academy also remains committed to the integration of computer technology in all aspects of the program.
- As a result, High Road Academy maintains a large repertoire of software programs dedicated to all aspects of the remedial program.
- As a result of the high degree of improvement in auditory processing skills among certain students who have utilized the FastForWord programs, High Road Academy has made a significant investment in the FastForWord/Gateway family of products.
- Staff at High Road Academy are committed to educating the wider community in issues related to learning disabilities.
- The staff actively present seminars and trainings at annual conferences, parent meetings, and for other organizations.
- The trainings are related to the following topics: Study Skills and Organizational Strategies, Reading Methodologies, Counseling Students with Learning Disabilities, and Strategies for Written Expression.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-11|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LaurelGrades: 4-12 | 138 students
8920 Whiskey Bottom Road
Laurel, MD 20723
- CrownsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 643 students
680 Evergreen Road
Crownsville, MD 21032
- MillersvilleGrades: 8-11 | 7 students
648 Old Mill Rd
Millersville, MD 21108
- Severna ParkGrades: NS-12 | 844 students
201 Water St
Severna Park, MD 21146
- BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 194 students
3825 Greenspring Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21211