High SchoolRoad Academy
Tel: (301) 483-8605
- High Road Academy specializes in individualized, remedial programs for students primarily with learning disabilities.
- Staff is trained in a variety of methodologies designed for students with severe reading disabilities such as Orton-Gillingham, Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program, Phono-Graphix, Language! and others.
- In addition to specialized strategies, High Road Academy also remains committed to the integration of computer technology in all aspects of the program.
- As a result, High Road Academy maintains a large repertoire of software programs dedicated to all aspects of the remedial program.
- As a result of the high degree of improvement in auditory processing skills among certain students who have utilized the FastForWord programs, High Road Academy has made a significant investment in the FastForWord/Gateway family of products.
- Staff at High Road Academy are committed to educating the wider community in issues related to learning disabilities.
- The staff actively present seminars and trainings at annual conferences, parent meetings, and for other organizations.
- The trainings are related to the following topics: Study Skills and Organizational Strategies, Reading Methodologies, Counseling Students with Learning Disabilities, and Strategies for Written Expression.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-11|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Laurel Grades: 5-12 | 64 students
8920 Whiskey Bottom Road
Laurel, MD 20723
(301) 470-1620 0.5 5-12
- Baltimore Grades: 8-12 | 22 students
3800 Frederick Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410) 233-1400 13.7 8-12
- Frostburg Grades: 7-12 | 17 students
605 Salem Drive
Frostburg, MD 21532
(301) 689-0322 126.7 7-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.