International School Of Boston
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (617) 499-1451
- The International School of Boston (ISB) is a private, non-profit, Preschool (starting at age 2) - Grade 12 dual language school.
- With a mix of local and international student body and faculty, ISB is one of the oldest, most respected bilingual schools in the United States.
- ISB students learn in French and English, develop critical thinking skills, and thrive in a multicultural environment.
- In addition to the American high school diploma, Upper School offers a choice between two academic tracks leading to the French or the International Baccalaureate, which enables ISB students to apply to any university in the world.
- Through ISB`s internship program, Upper School students can spend one week in a real work environment.
- They also have the opportunity to study for up to a trimester at a partner school abroad.
- Our younger students take advantage of all that the Greater Boston area has to offer in terms of culture, arts, and history through experiential learning programs.
- The ISB community is proud of its Blue Terriers Varsity Interscholastic soccer, basketball, volleyball and fencing teams.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||530 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||93 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition between $26,500 and $37,300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lucy Pelham|
|Admissions Associate||Elisabeth Geffray|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Fencing,|
- Opened in 1962, ISB enrolls 530 students representing 44 nationalities.
- At ISB, students learn to thrive in a diverse, multilingual and multinational community, by pairing the study of international languages with the study of math, science, history and national cultures. This integrated curriculum enables students to experience, rather them simply learn about, the world in which they live.
- Preschool through Kindergarten: French Immersion Program
- 1st through 8th grade: Dual Language Program (French & English)
- 9th through 12th grade: Students choose between the International Program leading to the International Baccalaureate and the Bilingual Program leading to the French Baccalaureate.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 547-6100 2.1 PK-12
- Cambridge Grades: PK-8 | 525 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 520-5200 2.1 PK-8
We've been with ISB for several years now. One child in middle school, the other in upper school. We were previously happy with the school but are even happier now with the recent change in leadership. Our children have thrived at ISB. They come from an English-speaking home, so the opportunity to connect them with another language and with a more globally focused curriculum and internationally diverse student community has been amazing.
- Posted by Parent - Happy with ISB
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.