Jewish Academy of Orlando
5.00 (16 reviews)
Tel: (407) 647-0713
- The Jewish Academy of Orlando develops strong leaders and critical thinkers by providing the highest educational standards in an individualized learning environment.
- We celebrate our Jewish identity, heritage and values while fostering a passion for learning and high achievement.
- Our students are empowered to achieve academic success, thus becoming role models in our community and the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)|
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
((choice of 7 solid color) collared shirt w/ navy or Khaki bottome)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Polacek|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Theater Department
- The Jewish Academy of Orlando will open enrollment to students of all faiths offering the benefits of the independent school`s academic and cultural excellence to the broader community. Enrollment is open to families of all faiths and who seek the academic and cultural excellence from the independent school`s STEM- focused initiatives. The Jewish Academy of Orlando is recognized for its service learning culture, smaller classrooms and personalized education.
- The Jewish Academy of Orlando inspires and motivates its students to change the world. We celebrate our Jewish identity while fostering a passion for learning and high achievement. We achieve this through differentiation, technology integration, critical thinking, a dual language curriculum and values education.
- We value the WHOLE student by addressing the academic, as well as the social/emotional development of our students.At the Jewish Academy, our students have creative specialists leading them in the arts, library and physical education. They also have Hebrew and Judaic studies teachers that round out their education. We practice differentiation in both our general studies and Judaic and Hebrew programs.
- We also believe not everything can be taught within the school walls. Field trips for each grade are arranged to enhance the curriculum. Each grade has several learning experiences that enhance the unit they are studying, including math, science, social studies, Judaic studies and music. A popular one is second grade`s trip to Habitat for Humanity, culminating an economics unit. It also is deeply rooted in tikkun olam, which enriches this learning experience. Every year, each grade visits the theater to practice theater decorum and view literature through a visual medium.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Maitland Grades: PK-6 | 629 students
1450 S. Orlando Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
(407) 647-3038 1.3 PK-6
- Winter Park Grades: PK-5 | 115 students
1776 Minnesota Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407) 647-3624 3.1 PK-5
This school has incredible teachers: there are some that have been there 30+ years and my children love them so much. Their engagement with parents is wonderful too. Excellent communication with parents throughout the year and during COVID There are wonderful insights for kids in the guidance curriculum that's integrated into learning. Individualized learning means that advanced kids can still be challenged while others can be taught slightly different material without feeling bad; really valuable asset of the school. Any issue that comes up is dealt with IMMEDIATELY. My kids are getting a terrific education, they love school, and I really like the families there. I have an older child who graduated and her new school did not handle COVID anywhere near as well as JAO.
- Posted by Parent - RS
We have enrolled our two children here, because of the strong recommendations of peers and have found out through our own experience that they were correct. The children are thriving in this environment. They are very successful in tailoring the overall learning experience to your child so that if they excel faster they are not bored or if they aren't learning as fast they are not left behind... Overall I would recommend this school to any parent who wishes to give their child a top rated education. All you need to do is schedule a visit and you will see why, we love his school!
- Posted by Parent - Fsucr
My son is currently in kindergarten at JAO and he has really thrived this year. He looks forward to going to school and I am amazed at how much his confidence has grown this past year. From rewarding reading, learning the true meaning of Jewish traditions, taking the children on many memorable field trips (including visiting the elderly and theatre), to the childrens'' live performances right from the start, this school teaches much more than a superb education. My son's overall life skills have really developed, much more than I would''ve ever imagined in kindergarten. I couldn't be happier and I am looking forward to my daughter beginning her JAO experience next year!
- Posted by Parent - npsyc
Love, love, love this private school! We''re new to the community and I can't brag enough about the JAO. The staff is amazing. My son absolutely loves his teacher. And, he's having so much fun learning. Watching him grow is just amazing. He's reading, he's speaking Hebrew, and he's constantly singing. There are so many get togethers and fun activities. We''re delighted to have been accepted. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Mom of 2 Boys
- Posted by Parent - noaha
My boys have attended JAO for the past 7 years and I can't say enough how great it has been!
- Posted by Parent - Callc
Our child has been a student at JAO for a few years. Teachers work diligently each year to ensure academic growth. The school's advanced technology in the classroom gives our child necessary skills for the future as well as a variety of ways to learn. The staff is amazing and always willing to hear suggestions.
- Posted by Parent - crawf
the JAO is an amzing school. My child feels so connected to the school and teachers. It is more than just a school for them - it's a second family. The education is great, Ieven learn from my 4th grader. TFhe teachers are enthusiastic, and the classes are small, so they really get a lot of individual attention. My child has amzing friends and so do I. We are very lucky to be a part of the school and community.
- Posted by Parent - janet
We moved to Central Florida from NYC not knowing what to expect. We have found a wonderful inclusive community at this school. The academics exceed any school private or public, in the area. They''ve who awards for their technology, but for us it's the people. I recommend this school to those who are observant or non-observant.
- Posted by Parent - Shosh
This is an excellent school! It has the latest technology, strong academics, enrichment, and talented teachers. We love it!
- Posted by Parent - dluce
Quality teachers. Jewish values. The iPads and technology at the school is the best. My kids LOVE this school. Enjoy Shabbat as a family ! Great sense of community/ very family oriented. Lots of parent involvement. Would HIGHLY recommend!!
- Posted by Parent - LBM41
my oldest goes here and we love it. Focus on Hebrew/judaica as well the latest in technology and learning techniques. I''ll be signing my youngest up for kindergarten next year.
- Posted by Parent - uzzah
Jewish Academy of Orlando (JAO) has been an amazing experience for our three children ranging from grade K to 5th. We relocated from the west coast this school year and enrolled our children at the Academy. We have been welcomed so warmly by the staff and the community. The teachers are hugely talented and have helped my children to feel successful and reach their potential. They are challenged by a creative curriculum, inspiring music and art programs and physical education that they truly enjoy. Every day that I pick my children up from school they are smiling and feeling confident because of the fabulous support they are receiving at school. I would highly recommend JAO.
- Posted by Parent - sldan
The Jewish Academy of Orlando not only offers an excellent education that caters to all types of learners but an amazing Hebrew and Judaica program as well. I feel as though I am part of a second family. All of the teachers and staff work together to offer the best education a child can receive!
- Posted by Teacher - lthom
Wonderful school with great academics and a caring environment. All three of my children have attended with exceptional results!
- Posted by Parent - Samsw
Jewish Academy of Orlando is an amazing place to work. We are family. We love our children.
- Posted by Teacher - amont
If you are looking for state-of-the-art academic programs, individualized learning along with Hebrew immersion classes and Judaica teachings, this is the place for you! The school has a strong sense of community which starts at the top. My son has attended for 3 years now. The staff encourage his growth and learning in all areas of his life - not just academics (although the academics are very strong). Jewish values are stressed. Music and art classes are wonderful! Very happy with the school!
- Posted by Parent - nancy
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.