John Ireland School
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (507) 931-2810
John Ireland School Photo #2 - John Ireland Catholic School is located at 1801 West Broadway Ave, in St. Peter, MN.
John Ireland School Photo #3 - Marathon for Non-Public Education 2013. Each fall, John Ireland raises money for our school. Families walk or bike on designated routes and also do service projects within the community of St. Peter.
John Ireland School Photo #4 - Families raked leaves, helped with fall clean-up and cleaned up local parks for their Marathon of Service 2012.
- We are a Catholic community, welcoming students of all faiths, devoted to gospel values, academic excellence and Christian service.
- Programs in our school develop the "total" person - spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and morally.
- Students have an opportunity to attend liturgies and prayer services on a weekly basis in which they assume the responsibilities of different roles.
- Faith development as a life long process is stressed. We recognize parents as the primary educators of their children, and at John Ireland we share in that partnership.
- Each student is nurtured in an atmosphere of care and respect which is evident in our practices, programs, and school policies.
- Each child is treated as an individual made in the image and likeness of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,620|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioners of the Church of St. Peter receive a discount in tuition.|
- We are a Catholic community, welcoming students of all faiths, devoted to gospel values, academic excellence and Christian serivce. Programs in our school develop the "total" person - spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and morally. Students have an opportunity to attend liturgies and prayer services on a weekly basis in which they assume the responsibilities of different roles. Faith development as a life long process is stressed. We recognize parents as the primary educators of their children, and at John Ireland, we share in that partnership. Each student is nurtured in an atmosphere of care and respect which is evident in our practices, programs, and school policies. Each child is treated as an individual made in the image and likeness of God.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Peter Grades: PK-8 | 72 students
427 W Mulberry St
Saint Peter, MN 56082
(507) 931-1866 2 PK-8
- Mankato Grades: PK-12 | 365 students
145 Good Counsel Dr
Mankato, MN 56001
(507) 388-0615 7.6 PK-12
- Mankato Grades: K-12 | 54 students
600 Lind Street
Mankato, MN 56001
(507) 388-9355 7.7 K-12
- Mankato Grades: PK-8 | 34 students
2101 Lorray Dr
Mankato, MN 56003
(507) 388-4336 7.9 PK-8
- Mankato Grades: 4-5 | 86 students
546 Grant Avenue
Mankato, MN 56003
(507) 345-6765 8.9 4-5
John Ireland has been an exceptional place for our children to grow in faith and knowledge. The teachers at JI are committed professionals and passionate about what they do. We love our school!
- Posted by Parent - heath
Choosing to send our son to John Ireland has been one of the best decisions we''ve ever made. The faculty and staff is so personable and can always be reached for help of any kind. The small size of the school provides wonderful learning opportunities for my child. We love the fact that our child is able to show his faith in school, also. Even though we are not Catholic, the school has still been very welcoming. We love JI!
- Posted by Parent - sdkir
I highly recommend John Ireland elementary school for your child. JI helped our children structure their academic time and gave them opportunity to grow spiritually. The opportunities for sports and fine arts participation are plentiful. The small class sizes allowed for a chance to grow at the level of ability demonstrated. The teachers were fantastic - science is a focus for upper grades and JI has an amazing showing at the regional science every year. New facility is well maintained.
- Posted by Parent - d2kan
We enjoyed the small class size, one on one contact with teachers and staff. John Ireland provides strong Christian values, service projects, and a family based environment.
- Posted by Parent
JI is a wonderful school that provides a family atmosphere and great opportunities for students to grow in personal confidence and faith. The teachers are excellent professionals who get involved and truly care about each student. I highly recommend John Ireland and KNOW it has been and will continue to be the right choice for our family.
- Posted by Parent - karlc
A few reasons we''ve chosen JI as the school for our children: small class size average, outstanding teachers, and a Christian atmosphere welcoming students of all faiths, as well as the service projects offered here, and faith based education. I have no doubt, we''ve made the right choice!
- Posted by Parent - brend
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.