- Jowonio School's mission is to provide model inclusive programs for young children, where diversity is celebrated and all are free to learn and grow.
- Jowonio is dedicated to creating innovative educational settings where children of all abilities are full participants, encouraged to reach their potential, offering a wide range of therapeutic and family support services, providing training and development for teachers, therapists and parents in collaboration with educational institutions and community agencies, and advocating for the inclusion of all children in schools and in society.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, physical disabilities, sensory issues, LD, communication delays/differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding scale and scholarships available|
|Admissions Director||Carol Spartano|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Syracuse Grades: PK-6 | 72 students
112 S Wilbur Ave
Syracuse, NY 13204
(315) 422-3140 4.1 PK-6
- Syracuse Grades: PK-1 | 30 students
109 Waring Rd
Syracuse, NY 13224
(315) 446-0204 1.5 PK-1
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.