Katherine Delmar Burke School
- Burke`s mission is to educate, encourage and empower girls.
- Our school combines academic excellence with an appreciation for childhood so that students thrive as learners, develop a strong sense of self, contribute to community, and fulfill their potential, now and throughout life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Lower School: Plaid jumper or green pants with white shirt. Upper School: Middy and skirt or blue pants and white shirt.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 11 / Jan. 3|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|Tuition Notes||$32,000 for Lower School students $33,200 for Upper School students|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sheika Luc|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryl Mitchell Schaeffer|
|Endowment Size||14.8 million|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
To fulfill its mission, Burke`s commits to:
- Provide a rigorous and robust program, tailored especially for girls, that nurtures academic, artistic, physical, cultural, and social-emotional growth.
- Offer a vibrant and innovative learning environment that develops curiosity and creativity along with the collaboration, communication, and critical thinking skills needed to succeed in a complex world.
- Build a caring, diverse, and inclusive school community that values differences as well as similarities and fosters a sense of responsibility for oneself and others.
- Take a child-centered approach to learning that honors developmental stages, supports healthy relationships, promotes well-being, and recognizes the individuality of each girl.
- Create ongoing opportunities for girls to embrace challenge, take risks, learn from mistakes, cultivate leadership, advocate for themselves, and achieve their personal best.
- Sustain an inspiring faculty that is passionate about education.
- Partner with parents to support a reflective and joyful educational experience.
- Strive for continual improvement in a school-wide culture that celebrates meaningful tradition as a bridge from past to present to future.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 310 students
2938 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 430 students
250 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
- San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 441 students
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
- San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
3839 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 344 students
2222 Broadway St
San Francisco, CA 94115
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.