Keystone Christian Academy - York
Keystone Christian Academy - York Photo #2 - KCA is located within the fine facilities of Asbury Church in York's Historic District.
Keystone Christian Academy - York Photo #3 - A recent survey found that 91% of KCA school families are "very satisfied" with KCA and 9% are satisfied.
Keystone Christian Academy - York Photo #4 - At KCA, faith and education go hand-in-hand for children from all backgrounds.
Keystone Christian Academy - York Photo #5 - According to a recent survey, 91% of KCA parents students believe that the school's flexible curriculum is meeting their children's needs extremely well or very well.
An affordable innovative private PreK-9 Christian School in York where students thrive, families matter and educators inspire.
Flexible education options and small classes allow individual attention to accommodate different learning styles.
Families from all backgrounds are welcome; admission is not limited to church-going families.
- Grades: Kindergarten-9
- Students: 33 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,335
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
(KCA polo shirt and khaki pants)
(KCA polo shirt and khaki pants)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Many need-based scholarships available, up to $5,000
% on Financial Aid
- Keystone Christian Academy believes that parents need to have the option of a safe, loving environment where their children learn according to their unique abilities and gifts -- in contrast to strict curriculum methods and demands for high test scores,
- Teaching strategies are based on individual strengths and learning inclinations. This basis allows teachers to be creative, to find enjoyable means to teach their students, and to meet each one`s individual needs.
- KCA teachers use resources according to each child`s learning style, rather than a set curriculum to which a child must conform. Curriculum is teacher-driven, living curriculum. Each teacher is given a checklist of developmentally-appropriate student outcomes for language arts and math, which details what students are expected to master by the end of the school year. In Bible, science, and social studies, teachers are given a scope and sequence explaining the topics that are to be covered at each grade level. Educational materials, including secular textbooks, are chosen to best meet the needs of particular students. All materials are taught from a biblical worldview.
- An entrance assessment is given to each child who enrolls at Keystone Christian Academy York. This assessment is uniquely designed to evaluate the student's developmental level as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The administration designed the entrance testing to create a starting point for determining students` strengths and weaknesses in the areas of language arts and math. The language arts are assessed through an informal reading list, and reading comprehension is based on grade-leveled passages. The math assessment measures math fundamentals, computation and problem solving. The entrance testing also provides information about how each student approaches a task and identifies the skill needed or problem to be solved.
- KCA teachers recognize that many students have symptoms of test anxiety and fear of failure due totesting and assessment in the public school system that is based on "teaching to the test." The focus during the first year at Keystone Christian Academy is to engage students in a new style of learning. Each year the students in first through eighth grade are assessed using the California Achievement Test. This standardized achievement test measures vocabulary, reading comprehension, math concepts, and math computation. It provides nationally normed grade equivalents, percentile ranks, and standard scores for each student. When comparing the fall entrance assessment to spring assessments, KCA administrators saw that all students demonstrated gains in all of the assessed areas.
Endorse Keystone Christian Academy - York. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?