Keystone Christian Academy - York
Tel: (717) 850-0943
Keystone Christian Academy - York Photo #2 - KCA is located within the fine facilities of Asbury Church in York's Historic District.
Keystone Christian Academy - York Photo #3 - A recent survey found that 91% of KCA school families are "very satisfied" with KCA and 9% are satisfied.
Keystone Christian Academy - York Photo #4 - At KCA, faith and education go hand-in-hand for children from all backgrounds.
Keystone Christian Academy - York Photo #5 - According to a recent survey, 91% of KCA parents students believe that the school's flexible curriculum is meeting their children's needs extremely well or very well.
An affordable innovative private PreK-9 Christian School in York where students thrive, families matter and educators inspire.
Flexible education options and small classes allow individual attention to accommodate different learning styles.
Families from all backgrounds are welcome; admission is not limited to church-going families.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(KCA polo shirt and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,335|
|Tuition Notes||Many need-based scholarships available, up to $5,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
- Keystone Christian Academy believes that parents need to have the option of a safe, loving environment where their children learn according to their unique abilities and gifts -- in contrast to strict curriculum methods and demands for high test scores,
- Teaching strategies are based on individual strengths and learning inclinations. This basis allows teachers to be creative, to find enjoyable means to teach their students, and to meet each one`s individual needs.
- KCA teachers use resources according to each child`s learning style, rather than a set curriculum to which a child must conform. Curriculum is teacher-driven, living curriculum. Each teacher is given a checklist of developmentally-appropriate student outcomes for language arts and math, which details what students are expected to master by the end of the school year. In Bible, science, and social studies, teachers are given a scope and sequence explaining the topics that are to be covered at each grade level. Educational materials, including secular textbooks, are chosen to best meet the needs of particular students. All materials are taught from a biblical worldview.
- An entrance assessment is given to each child who enrolls at Keystone Christian Academy York. This assessment is uniquely designed to evaluate the student's developmental level as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The administration designed the entrance testing to create a starting point for determining students` strengths and weaknesses in the areas of language arts and math. The language arts are assessed through an informal reading list, and reading comprehension is based on grade-leveled passages. The math assessment measures math fundamentals, computation and problem solving. The entrance testing also provides information about how each student approaches a task and identifies the skill needed or problem to be solved.
- KCA teachers recognize that many students have symptoms of test anxiety and fear of failure due totesting and assessment in the public school system that is based on "teaching to the test." The focus during the first year at Keystone Christian Academy is to engage students in a new style of learning. Each year the students in first through eighth grade are assessed using the California Achievement Test. This standardized achievement test measures vocabulary, reading comprehension, math concepts, and math computation. It provides nationally normed grade equivalents, percentile ranks, and standard scores for each student. When comparing the fall entrance assessment to spring assessments, KCA administrators saw that all students demonstrated gains in all of the assessed areas.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to Keystone Christian Academy - York is York Catholic High School (0.9 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Jack & Jill Nursery & Kindergarten (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- York Grades: PK-K | 30 students
505 S Ogontz Street
York, PA 17403
(717) 854-4778 0.3 PK-K
- York Grades: 7-12 | 685 students
601 E Springettsbury Ave
York, PA 17403
(717) 846-8871 0.9 7-12
- York Grades: K-12 | 46 students
329 E Poplar St
York, PA 17403
(717) 843-4562 1.3 K-12
- York Grades: K | 11 students
450 East Philadelphia Street
York, PA 17403
(717) 854-1300 1.3 K
- York Grades: NS-PK | 110 students
2710 Kingston Road
York, PA 17402
(717) 757-6390 1.6 NS-PK
Many parents agonize over sending their child to boarding school or keeping them at home and sending them to day school. A look at the pros and cons here.
Here are 25 factoids about private K-12 schools written to make you want to explore the private school world further and in depth.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.