Kids Express Learning Center
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Our Mission: Kids Express Learning Center cultivates children`s growth in a stimulating and compassionate environment. Our supportive teachers engage the curiosities and needs of each child, fostering self-esteem, the confidence needed to benefit from our robust academic programs, and the interest to embark on a journey of life-long learning. Our focus on empathy, character, and individual well-being encourages our children to envision how they will serve their community beyond the expanse of our campus. Kids Express is high quality private school, preschool, childcare center, and summer camp.
- Kids Express Learning Center is a quality full-day and half-day school and nature center for children ages 6 weeks through 3rd Grade. Each year we will add on another grade up through 8th.
- Kids Express Learning Center offers a number of unique opportunities for children to express themselves as they experience the world around them.
- Lessons in music and movement, art, Spanish, music, gardening and nature study encourage children to stretch their imaginations, explore and learn.
- Teachers with specialized degrees are hired to plan and conduct our Enrichment Programs.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Kids Express Learning Center is a high quality private school, preschool, childcare, and summer camp in Madison, WI. Serving children ages 6 weeks through age 12 on a 10-acre campus with supportive and caring teachers. Our robust academic curriculum is enriched with science/nature studies, music, art, gardening, world language, social-emotional development, and more.
- Our Mission:
- Kids Express Learning Center cultivates children`s growth in a stimulating and compassionate environment. Our supportive teachers engage the curiosities and needs of each child, fostering self-esteem, the confidence needed to benefit from our robust academic programs, and the interest to embark on a journey of life-long learning. Our focus on empathy, character, and individual well-being encourages our children to envision how they will serve their community beyond the expanse of our campus.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: NS-PK
6726 Raymond Rd
Madison, WI 53719
(608)271-0775 1 NS-PK
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 97 students
1701 Mckenna Blvd
Madison, WI 53711
(608)274-2830 1.1 PK-8
- Madison Grades: PK-7 | 88 students
6510 Schroeder Rd
Madison, WI 53711
(608)270-9005 1.6 PK-7
- Madison Grades: NS-8 | 231 students
6402 Schroeder Rd.
Madison, WI 53711
(608)441-9408 1.7 NS-8
- Madison Grades: PK-K | 136 students
3651 Maple Grove Dr
Madison, WI 53719
(608)845-5433 2.1 PK-K
Kids Express has exceeded our expectations. The teachers are awesome and personalize their care toward the children. They are always giving us updates on our 17 month old regarding words she says, connections she makes, food she likes/dislikes, and shares pictures/video frequently. The campus is beautiful. It's relatively expensive and doesn't have a meal program like other places, but you get great facilities, fantastic teachers, and great care for your child. Worth every penny.
- Posted by Parent - mrsmi
This is the best place to bring your child in Madison! My son has been attending Kids Express for several months now and I am more than pleased with my experience. The classroom is clean and inviting. I have had great communication with his teachers and they have been extremely helpful with any questions I''ve had. When I''ve had the chance to sit in my son's classroom and observe what his day is like, it just warmed my heart! I could see that he was enjoying his day, learning and engaging with both his peers and his teachers! I would recommend this school to anyone!
- Posted by Parent - Jboys
KELC is an amazing place for daycare in Madison. When we moved to Madison with our one-year-old, we scheduled appointments to visit as many daycare facilities as we could but stopped our search after visiting KELC. The teachers in all of the classrooms so far have been superb you can tell in your child's reaction to saying a teacher's name just how much they like the teachers as people as well as educators. Additionally, the grounds themselves are awesome the emphasis placed on nature, animals, and gardening is something that we value and KELC thoroughly provides. Some days it is hard to leave because our daughter wants to keep feeding leaves to the goats. Amusingly, a relative keeps commenting on how our children won't have anything remaining to learn once they get to kindergarten the teachers and curricula are certainly effective. All in all we love KELC for our children and couldn't imagine sending them anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - andre
We are so lucky to be able to send our son to Kids Express! He's 2 1/2 and has been attending Kids Express since he was 3 months old. All of his teachers have been amazing and he is so excited to go to school every day! He's made great friends and loves Mr. Rich's nature class. We love the weekly emails and constant teacher communication, always sharing photos and letting us know how our little guy is doing. We couldn't ask for a better place to send our son.
- Posted by Parent - ejela
My 2 kids have attended KELC for 5 years. They both attended the preschool program as well as Summer on the Farm for school aged kids. There is no better place on the planet to place your kids throughout their developmental years. From the teachers to the front office to the facilities and to the curriculum, it is a world class operation.
- Posted by Parent - miked
KELC is a fabulous learning environment for pre-k children. It provides multiple subject learning with extra activities to enrich their day. The teachers are always open to discussion and offer a thorough review of each child. A wonderful place for kids to grow.
- Posted by Parent - nwhit
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.