La Purisima Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The teachers, staff and parents of La Purisima Catholic School are dedicated to provide for the formation of the whole child; spiritually, morally, physically, emotionally, and academically.
- We strive to help our children become disciples of our Church and confident, responsible and creative leaders of our community. Teachers and staff partner with the parents, as the primary educators of their children, to instruct our students in an atmosphere of cooperation that respects individual differences and cultural traditions.
- Through a Christ-centered program, we endeavor to provide opportunities for our students to acquire the skills needed to meet the demands of the present, while preparing them for the challenges of tomorrow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,450|
|Tuition Notes||No additional fundraising or classroom cost except 8th grade graduation fee|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Rosa Ramirez|
|Admissions Associate||Viridiana Serrano|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art and Music Program, Choir
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orange Grades: NS-PK | 140 students
1400 E Taft Avenue
Orange, CA 92865
(714)974-7210 2.5 NS-PK
We have 2 sons that graduated from LP (2011 and 2016) and our daughter will graduate in 2020. LP is a top notch school with teachers that love and care for their students as if they were their own. Definitely a 5 star school!
- Posted by Parent - Johnny Meneses
Our family has been at La Purisima since 2005, when our oldest started kindergarten there. We have two kids currently enrolled at LP and two graduates. Our older kids were prepared strongly at LP for their high-school education in Catholic high school: both have excelled as honors students at Mater Dei. LP is a small school with a lot of personal attention, but our kids felt ready for the big-school environment of Mater Dei when they graduated. As for the little ones who are still at LP- it`s a great education with enough individual attention to respond to the kids as the people and learners they are. Our child with inattentive type ADHD had ample assistance managing his tendency toward disorganization, and our kids who tend to dive in and do extra have always been encouraged and supported by their teachers. The family environment of the school is really special-our kids know not only most of the kids in the school, but also their parents and grandparents. Families really support each other in times of need. The school is also beautifully and comfortably diverse, with a lot of kids with multi-ethnic backgrounds. Our kids have made great friendships with terrific kids whose families share our values of faith, service, and education. We couldn`t have asked for a better home for them to grow and learn.
- Posted by Parent - gm
The benefits of studying a dead language.
Tuition at private schools varies from nothing at a few schools to over $100,000 for the most expensive school.
Finding a school which will accept your child after the normal admissions deadline has passed is not easy. But it can be done.