Lakewood Child Care Center
The mission of Lakewood Child Care Center is to provide exceptional, age-appropriate child care services to meet the needs of the families and children of Lakewood and surrounding cities, and to provide affordable, high-quality care in a nurturing, stable and secure environment that fosters a child’s social, creative, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 79 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our CHILDREN come first. They experience a safe, trusting environment that fosters the developmental stages from infancy to school age. Their needs are met and we strive to make them the best that they can be so they can reach their full potential.
- Our TEACHERS are dedicated and go above and beyond their “jobs”. They are a body of people all moving in the same direction with the same goals being the best of the best. Our teachers are educated and give young children what they need to learn and grow.
- Our FAMILIES go to work with the confidence and trust that we are an extension of them while they are gone. Your children go from your hands to ours and at the end of the day, our arms to yours.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Lakewood Child Care Center?
The application deadline for Lakewood Child Care Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Lakewood Child Care Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.