Little Voyageurs Montessori School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked MN School
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 50 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Little Voyageurs Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Little Voyageurs` Montessori School, established in 1968, is a non-profit, parent-operated, traditional Montessori School located in Columbia Heights, Minnesota. The school is dedicated to providing an educational program for children approximately ages 33 months through kindergarten. The program is designed to expose children to a variety of experiences that arouse curiosity and a natural desire to learn, explore, and to develop independence. The program promotes developmental growth at each child's own pace mentally, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- Our Montessori educational program is complemented by an extended day program providing a nurturing, high quality and structured learning environment for the total child. Children generally enter our program when they are between the ages of approximately 2 3/4 and 3 3/4 years old. For most, the third year is traditionally known as the kindergarten year. The three-year program allows each child to develop at their own pace and progress as far as they are able. After the third year or kindergarten year, the children leave to attend first grade. Additional flexible extended day hours are available for children who are enrolled in the Montessori program.
- Additional information about the school:
- Little Voyageurs` Montessori School (LVMS) was founded in Columbia Heights, Minnesota, in 1968 by a group of dedicated parents. It is one of the oldest Montessori Schools in the Twin Cities area providing an early childhood and kindergarten educational program. From the beginning, our mission has been to nurture the development of each child`s unique potential. In 1978 the school received its independent 501(c) 3 status.
- LVMS became accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) in December 2012. NAEYC sets a higher standard of quality programming and staff education in early childhood programs. LVMS strives to build a program that helps each child reach his/her potential.
- Little Voyageurs achieved a "4-star" Rating from the Parent Aware Program through the Department of Human Services in the fall of 2013.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Little Voyageurs Montessori School offer a summer program?
Yes, Little Voyageurs Montessori School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Little Voyageurs Montessori School's ranking?
Little Voyageurs Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for: Highest percentage of students of color and Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Little Voyageurs Montessori School?
The application deadline for Little Voyageurs Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Little Voyageurs Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards