Live Oak Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (321) 926-3557
Live Oak Montessori School Photo #2 - Our two-year old is working in Practical Life area on mastering her fine motor skills.
Live Oak Montessori School Photo #3 - And here our 8 month old working on his eye-hand coordination.
Live Oak Montessori School Photo #6 - Washing dishes after snack is a regular practice in our 3-6 year old classroom
Live Oak Montessori School Photo #8 - Different thickness of cutting materials is provided to develop fine motor strength and coordination.
Live Oak Montessori School Photo #9 - The children are enjoying beautiful weather while creating their artwork
- Our school embraces the spirit of Montessori and her method of education in developing the whole child.
- Love and peacemaking are the foundations of all that we do, to support the child for who he is and allow him to grow into the person he is to become.
- We affirm that education begins at birth and continues throughout lifetime, therefore, our enrollment starts for the children as young as 1 year old.
- We nurture true wisdom and value self-esteem, human dignity, emotional well being as highly as academic and material success.
- While students are academically challenged, they become artistically creative, physically active, socially confident and emotionally balanced.
- Our approach is to understand each child's uniqueness and guide him individually and at his own pace through the range of learning skills, so he fully realizes his potential.
- We celebrate the natural diversity of people, be it in lifestyle, interests, or definition of what makes a happy and successful life.
- Our ultimate goal is not only to teach children how to learn, but also have an innate love of learning, a wide range of interests, and an openness to new ideas and possibilities.
Live Oak Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,143|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Mariya Sakhno|
- Live Oak Montessori School (LOMS) is surrounded by peace and nature which bring serenity to the child's mind and imagination. Look beyond the Montessori materials on the shelves, and you will discover that the classroom is a place where children really want to be - because it feels a lot like home.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sanford Grades: K-12 | 54 students
1701 S. Orange Blvd
Sanford, FL 32771
(407) 324-0200 1.2 K-12
- Lake Mary Grades: NS-PK
2635 W Lake Mary Blvd
Lake Mary, FL 32746
(833) 905-3276 1.7 NS-PK
- Lake Mary Grades: PK-5 | 462 students
200 Longwood Lake Mary Rd
Lake Mary, FL 32746
(407) 333-8901 2.2 PK-5
My child has been at LOMS for four years. He started there when he was two. In that time, it has been a learning, but good experience for our family. After touring many other private schools, my husband, child and I decided on a Montessori school for the reason that we wanted a well-rounded education that focused on the spirit and the development of the whole child and would offer so much more than just scheduled academics throughout the day. LOMS understands child-lead learning where the motivation is high, the materials are natural, and the lessons are open-ended. This produces lots of creativity and appreciation for the world in which we all live together. LOMS and all its teachers have a major focus on teaching children the importance of life skills. From past research on the topic, this school practices the true Maria Montessori approach i.e. self-awareness, empathy, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, active listening, communication, critical thinking, time management, problem-solving, decision making, assertiveness, adaptability, etc. To me, LOMS has excelled in giving my child the tools needed to become familiar and practice these skills at a young age and all through the process of learning naturally and through play. After attending many school functions and field trips, all the students have high regard for their teachers, peers and their environment. This is a small school and I like that because it allows the staff to be more attentive to a child's needs and accommodating of parent's requests. I would definitely recommend this school to any parent.
- Posted by Parent - Amy
It's a really great place for a child. Children are safe and happy here. They learn how to interact with each other, how to be kind and thoughtful. Kids learn how to respect people and nature. They also get a lot of time outside. School's classrooms are filled with great educational material, that is constantly being renewed to keep students interested. The students get lots of knowledge about geography, biology, literature and mathematics. Additional classes such a as gymnastics, music, yoga and art are available as well. The teachers are very knowledgeable, educated and experienced. My child loves it here so much, that he doesn't want to leave. This school really brings out the best in the children, because they are treated with love and respect.
- Posted by Parent - natal
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.