Los Altos Grace School
- Los Altos Brethren School was founded in 1972. Our preschool was established first, followed by our kindergarten and then our elementary school.
- We provide a solid, well-rounded education to children. Our school offers a developmentally based preschool program for three- and four-year-olds.
- Our elementary school offers a strong academic curriculum based on a developmentally appropriate philosophy.
- All teaching is based upon God's Word, the Bible, and students are encouraged to apply its principles to their own lives. All instruction is provided by qualified, experienced, and dedicated Christian teachers who strive to impart knowledge that is academically sound and Biblically based.
- Students learn of the Bible's relevancy not only to subjects studied, but, more importantly, to their daily lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Solid color jeans, pants, shorts, skirts, dresses with polo shirts or School T-shirts )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,390|
|Tuition Notes||11 payments of $490.00 3% discount for full payment in advance|
|Admissions Director||Katie Fritch|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Boy Scouts, Choir, Jazz Band, Math Olympics, Private Music Lessons|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Excellent Education and Music Program for PreK-6th grade students in Long Beach, CA.Computer and Typing Classes for grades 3-6; Meet the Masters Art Program; Beginning Band, Advanced Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band & Choir for grades 3-6; Independent Music Lessons (Piano, Instruments & Voice); 6th Grade Yearbook; Camping trips for 5th & 6th graders as part of the curriculum and Boy Scouts.
Profile last updated:
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.